Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Character Transfer / Missing Arts / Bug Issues

Please list bugs discovered here. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE IN DESCRIBING THE ERROR.
Silverwake
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Silverwake

Character Transfer / Missing Arts / Bug Issues

Post by Silverwake »

To whom it may concern:

Upon my character's transfer back in September of 2014, it appears that quite a few things were lost and now I'm having some bug issues... I'm not sure if the lost abilities are what is causing my character problems? In any case, here is a small list of things that I have encountered:

1) When I evoke "Forge Talisman," right before it goes to the creation screen, I will be booted out of the game. Not sure if this has anything to do with it but my characters "plateau" level was reduced from 50 to 30 upon my character's return. Also, Silverwake was at some point a "Dreamsmith" prior to the character transfer and had the Mark. I read on the forums that is now an "active" station that has new criteria that must be upheld? I'd still like to get the plateau level fixed (if possible) and also address the "bug" that I'm experiencing.

2) My "Sphere" Art was at 50 and was completely removed (missing). I spent a lot of time in-game (and out) on this. Is there anyway to have this back? I didn't read any where that this was something removed from all teachers?

3) Silverwake was a Master Teacher but I understand that I need to be 3 months active if I wish to pursue regaining that station back... Not a problem here. Expected.

4) When someone summons my character or transports her using Arts, I get the screen that asks if I want to be transported and when I click "yes" nothing happens... It seems that the House Art will work on my character but not the "other" universal one (don't recall the name).

5) I'm missing the Fatesender Guild Art but I thought I read that this has been changed to an Orbit 70 requirement?

6) My Character was Orbit 69 (maxed out) before the character transfer and upon return is now only Orbit 60; I've raised her to Orbit 61 since coming back but that's almost 4.5MM in XP that I lost...

I'm missing some random specialty Arts but I'm suspecting that is because of some in-game event? I obviously had some special privileges after I retired from being "Lyra Jade" for a few years so I'm not overly concerned here and don't recall all of the names of what I had/didn't have. Thank you for reading this post too, I also contacted "The Mistress" in-game and let her know of some of these issues.

P.S. I'm very excited to be back after a two-year leave and hope to contribute to the game. Thank you everyone.

**Please Note: I was able to get with an Elder back in September of 2014 and they were able to give my character back her "Train" and other teaching abilities. Silverwake has the ability to "task" but I have not tasked anyone in-game since I've been gone for 1.5 years. Just letting you know that part of the transfer issue was resolved in-game a while ago.
Regards,

Silverwake
Ex-Master Teacher (FS)
Founder of the Fatesender Guild

Dreamsmith
Evangelist
Original Prankster

On the adventures of your journey, walk the path less traveled for that is where obstacles present themselves and true learning occurs.
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Re: Character Transfer / Missing Arts / Bug Issues

Post by Uthanatos »

Most of this is stuff GMs will have to address, but the Guild House art no longer exists. It was rolled into the new art Translocate

Ü
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Koi-JorKyrin
System Administrator

Post by Koi-JorKyrin »

Silverwake,

Good afternoon,

See answers below:

1) When I evoke "Forge Talisman," right before it goes to the creation screen, I will be booted out of the game. Not sure if this has anything to do with it but my characters "plateau" level was reduced from 50 to 30 upon my character's return. Also, Silverwake was at some point a "Dreamsmith" prior to the character transfer and had the Mark. I read on the forums that is now an "active" station that has new criteria that must be upheld? I'd still like to get the plateau level fixed (if possible) and also address the "bug" that I'm experiencing.

- We do not show record of Silverwake having Forge Talisman of L50. The Lyra DB shows the art at L30. In addition, the current train logs do not reflect record of Silverwake receiving plats on this art above L30.
- In regards to Forge Talisman crashing, this art has been known to crash the UL client under certain unclear circumstances. The only time you could possibly lose an art/plat is if you just obtained it and immeidately crashed without logging out first and back in to (binding the art, as some state in-dream) confirm it saves to the database. However, I do not see evidence of this in our server logs.

2) My "Sphere" Art was at 50 and was completely removed (missing). I spent a lot of time in-game (and out) on this. Is there anyway to have this back? I didn't read any where that this was something removed from all teachers?

- Art removed at Import
- Please read "Importing Characters Process - Update 8/19": viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2807
- Also Accessible at https://underlight.com > Info > Import Process

3) Silverwake was a Master Teacher but I understand that I need to be 3 months active if I wish to pursue regaining that station back... Not a problem here. Expected.

- Removed at import
- Please read "Importing Characters Process - Update 8/19": viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2807

4) When someone summons my character or transports her using Arts, I get the screen that asks if I want to be transported and when I click "yes" nothing happens... It seems that the House Art will work on my character but not the "other" universal one (don't recall the name).

- I will need more information on which arts cause this behavior, and can this issue be replicated every time?

5) I'm missing the Fatesender Guild Art but I thought I read that this has been changed to an Orbit 70 requirement?

- Removed at import

6) My Character was Orbit 69 (maxed out) before the character transfer and upon return is now only Orbit 60; I've raised her to Orbit 61 since coming back but that's almost 4.5MM in XP that I lost...

- This is part of the import process
Koi - Jor'Kyrin
System Administrator
KoiWare, LLC
Silverwake
Dreamer

Post by Silverwake »

JorKyrin,

Thank you for taking the time to check into this. I don't know if the character was modified with Forge Talisman before or after in the Lyra Database? It sounds like it was before... I'll just work on that myself the old fashion way but it was interesting that the skill was set at 30 after the transfer.

When evoking Forge Talisman, the graphic display will appear but then when it starts to go to the "creation" screen, the game will crash. I've tried rebooting the game, rebooting the computer, etc...

I believe the Art that wasn't working with teleporting my character was "Rally." This was before the character was initiated into a House. Now that she is a "member" the Art seems to work... It wasn't working at all beforehand. The display screen would appear with the invite to be transported but then when you clicked the confirmation nothing would happen.

Noted on the other items... Thanks again for looking into this and super excited to be back.
Regards,

Silverwake
Ex-Master Teacher (FS)

Dreamsmith
Evangelist
Original Prankster

On the adventures of your journey, walk the path less traveled for that is where obstacles present themselves and true learning occurs.
Pixar
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Pixar

Post by Pixar »

Come back with Silverwake please.
Pixar is missing her mentor.

Debbie/Pixar
Silverwake
Dreamer

Post by Silverwake »

Hey Pixar! I'm back! Come find me!!!
Regards,

Silverwake
Ex-Master Teacher (FS)

Dreamsmith
Evangelist
Original Prankster

Pixar
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Pixar

Post by Pixar »

Hi Silverwake,
How are you? Good to see you have returned to UL. Maybe one these days we can catch up.

Pixar/Debbie