Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Christina's Fight

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Koi-Wish
Founder

Christina's Fight

Post by Koi-Wish »

Dreamers, friends... family.

So you might have noticed a lot less of the characters I tended to drive this past number of months and I wanted to apologize for that. A great big thanks tho to the entire GM team and especially Cricket who helps lead them down the path and really deals with the day to day. I can't thank her enough for what she has been doing for the entire UL Community. I owe her a huge debt of gratitude.

Those of you whom are friends with me on FaceBook or have messaged me directly on Discord will be a lot more familiar with what is going on in my life but I still get messages directly from people on Discord asking me "Where ya been?" and "Hey whats going?" and its been a bit challenging telling the tale of whats going on.

A couple of years ago I started dating Christina, and she had a lot of medical problems that to me, were not deterrents from a possible relationship. She had failed miserably at being able to maintain a relationship due to them, but again, this is not "me" and I quickly became a big part of her life and I stand by her side. She has had multiple spine fusions due to a spinal degeneration disease that basically breaks down the cartilage in her spine causing her vertebrae to grind together and cause her daily excruciating pain. The fusions helped alleviate some of this, but the pain is so intense that she had installed a spinal stimulator for days when high-octane drugs were just not enough. This past year she had a pain pump installed into her lower back that gives her doses of a low-grade morphine regularly throughout the day, and this actually dramatically helped her. This is just icing on the cake for medical issues that she has had - 8 major surgeries in just the last 6 years, the others I wont even get in to.

This year we got even more bad news, and that is invasive lobular carcinoma, a form of breast cancer. We caught it early enough that we should be able to treat it and gain her the title of survivor but that does not lessen the journey - as any of you whom have had or know anyone who has had breast cancer knows. Even if the fight is winnable, it is a long fight. Anyways, I did not want to air all her situation to everyone, especially those who just as soon not know - but others have reached out with support, and how to help. Christina is unable to work so her income is really her biggest challenge, insurance is covered, and I can handle most of the rest of assistance as well as her family and friends when it comes to local boots giving her a hand. I had a few people reach out to me on how they could help and I didn't want to really talk about it too much with this community - but then, I thought to myself, you are all part of my extended family. Some of you I have known for 20 years or more, thats more then I have known my kids and most other adults in my life. Thus you are my family as well and by extension hers. I am assisting her financially when I can, and her family as well, but it would be nice if that burden was not something she also had to carry as she moves forward. So, if you want to help, or simply want to share her story on your FaceBook and ask others to share it as well, that could be a great help to her and by extension me.

Click here for Christina's Fight

Thank you.

Brian
Black Cloud
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Cloud

Re: Christina's Fight

Post by Black Cloud »

Hey Brian,

I was clueless about what you and your family have been going through; thank you for sharing. Kudos to you for being an awesome person and pillar for others to lean on. Thinking about how long we've been playing UL, it's true that we are like a family, and I hope we all keep that somewhere in our thoughts. I wish Christina, you, and your family abundant strength, courage, and love.