Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Judgement should tell us a dreamer's focus as well..

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Black Cloud
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Cloud

Judgement should tell us a dreamer's focus as well..

Post by Black Cloud »

With the influx and new dreamers, I find myself often asking "What's your focus"? The question is right in line with, "What's your sphere"? Although it is polite to ask rather than evoke Judgement, I believe that the art of Judgement should also tell us the focus of the dreamer. I don't have a lengthy explanation, but it just seems fitting of the art.
Any thoughts?
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Re: Judgement should tell us a dreamer's focus as well..

Post by Sidas »

You can see an Unsphered Character's focus by right clicking on their avatar. May be worth changing that to under 3rd sphere?
Dakkoth
Keepers of the Eternal Shadow

Post by Dakkoth »

Orbit would help too...especially for teachers to ensure a student is truly ready for the quest they seek.

~D
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

You can already get Sphere. Orbit would be pointless except as maybe a high plateau addition to the art.
OfF KiLTeR
Dreamer
Character Name(s): OfF KiLTeR

Post by OfF KiLTeR »

Maybe a combination of judgement and ID Curse into one art might be nice?

Not saying, just saying...
fancypearl
PTR Tester (Rank 3)
Character Name(s): Stormy

Post by fancypearl »

what i'd love to see , is the ability for teachers to use the art of judgement to see what arts / plats / if sphereable .. on a dreamer
Black Cloud
Dreamer

Post by Black Cloud »

I personally don't believe that showing any other individual too many details about oneself a good idea. Many factors of UL run on trust, or maybe just benefit of the doubt.
If a student comes to you for a plat 60, and his art is only at 55, it would be almost 'micro-managing' that dreamer to continue improving his arts.
Why? Because he has to max it out before he returns to you anyways. Further, it would be a waste of time. I know that I have requested plat quests before my art was maxxed because the quest itself is going to take TIME. Within that time it's my duty to manage both the quest and my art's improvement.

Orbits, art levels and such things I believe should remain private. Trust each other hehe
fancypearl
PTR Tester (Rank 3)
Character Name(s): Stormy

Post by fancypearl »

my own experience.. I remember standing infront of a teacher pondering a task.. and going through vairous arts listing them to figure out what they can plat, telling them what I can get platted or learn.. trying to match up and decide. if it was single evoke .. and they knew .. then just conversation of what for instance i'd like to learn and they can teach.
Black Cloud
Dreamer

Post by Black Cloud »

Yeah, I see what you mean. However, in all of that time you spent figuring it out with that teacher, there's a lot of conversation to be had, things to learn, and getting to know each other further.