Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Live Streaming

Golah
Dreamer

Live Streaming

Post by Golah »

Hello fellow players. I have had such a great time streaming, and I want to do more, but I need players to contact me relating to events that would like streamed. My future streams will be similar to how I did it for OOSM, I want the player to be on the panel giving a conversation about the event, from their controller perspective.

If you have an event you want to be streamed please contact me in discord, the name is the same as it is here. A few rules, of course, keep it clean, do not bad mouth players or GMs, and keep civil, these are not to be used as personal vendettas against anyone, but a way to not only advertise your event, and your char.

Offical Youtube channel is located here, please subscribe

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9mzsB ... subscriber
Pheasant
Dreamer

Re: Live Streaming

Post by Pheasant »

For those of us that can't concentrate on playing UL and talking on a panel at the same time (causing a lot of awkwardly silent dead air), could something be arranged to talk about an event afterwards?
DONE
Golah
Dreamer

Post by Golah »

Sure, that's the beauty of streams, we can talk afterward in a separate stream about it, very flexible, its mostly to showcase the talents of the players, and get some information about them and their charactor.
Tary
Dreamer

Post by Tary »

I'm happy to participate in a stream that may focus more on the technical aspects of UL while we play but my timezone generally means that nobody else will be around in UL at the time unless y'all want to pull all-nights. Earliest I can probably do my time is 9AM (2AM EST).
Golah
Dreamer

Post by Golah »

Tary thank you for reaching out, let's get together in discord and plan a time that best meets all our needs. From there we can work on getting some other players interested in those relative timer zones in order to garner a larger view and population if that works for you. As for all other players, again if you want to have an event streamed please leave me a message here or on discord, thank you in advance.
Golah
Dreamer

Post by Golah »

Hey everyone, I am really enjoying the live streams, and the players on the panel really add a very nice touch to community and level of participation. Moving forward my goal is to attain a level of 3 streams per week, to do this we need players or even GMs interested in participating in the streams.

Because of how youtube works we can make age restricted videos, but I would prefer we keep them as clean as possible, that includes in-game chat as well, this means less editing for me. I am working on adding the videos to other platforms as well, which will greatly expand the visibility we get.

Few ground rules for streaming, and is on panel

1. Streams are specifically to promote in-game situations. All commentary related to the stream should be focused, in the majority, of the content of the stream (Planer stream should not have commentary on Calenture for example unless it is absolutely pertinent to the situation AT HAND. Ie: members of Calenture are participating in the event, as demonstrated last night)

2. Streams are NOT a recruiting ground for new players or current players in the game. The purpose of the stream is simply to promote IC activity on the part of the players.

3. IC focus of the stream should only contain basic information. This provides prospective players the opportunity to learn, IN GAME, about characters, guilds, factions, etc. and maintains the mystery of the gaming experience. Let's not give too much away.

4. Absolutely NO bashing, negativity, complaints, etc., are allowed in the stream and will be edited out or the stream canceled/deleted. It is my intention to convey a positive, not a negative, experience, for current and potential players.

5. Have fun! Even during a combat situation, the stream should be kept upbeat and positive! This is, after all, a game that people use to get away from their everyday lives.

6. Streams are the intellectual property of the UL brand and players are not permitted to use a stream to monetize for a personal youtube page without the consent of both the Koi Team and my self.

These rules may be adjusted based on feedback that the team provides me, ultimately I stream with their consent and support, and this IS about promoting, and expanding Underlight, with that said some banter in the streaming panel is fine, because I firmly believe it shows the real-life friends and family we have formed over 20 years or 2 years of playing in the same community with one another.

So Players lets come together, let's get our events scheduled and streamed, let's be part of growing our community as a team, any events, and remember to always email Roleplaying@underlight.come, this will notify GMs of your stream, and greatly enhance the support, both from an announcement standpoint, but moderators for the chat to answer questions while we stream.

Signed- The Madness behind Golah
Pheasant
Dreamer

Post by Pheasant »

I have one word...

Snails.

-Chel
DONE