Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Sacrifice

Please list bugs discovered here. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE IN DESCRIBING THE ERROR.
Coraal
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Coraal

Sacrifice

Post by Coraal »

Hello Dev Team!

Hope you all are doing well.

I wanted to report a potential issue with the Art of Sacrifice that I have been noticing lately. I have no issue with it moving from a Resilience to a DreamSoul Art and feel this is a great change that will encourage more use of the Art. That being said, however, I have found myself collapsed while using it. Normally, when I evoke an Art, I am advised that if there is not enough energy present for the Art to function; the Art does not evoke. This does not appear to be the case with Sacrifice. The cost of 10 DreamSoul is fine, but will still evoke if you are less than 10 DreamSoul. In addition, after reconstituting, I waited for a few moments until I reached 11 DreamSoul before evoking again to test and I was collapsed a second time. This caused me to lose an orbit, sadly.

This is not a request to regain my orbit; I'm fine with the loss. However, if this is an issue with the Art I DO want to make sure you are aware of it. If this is how the Art is supposed to function; please disregard but if you could advise me of that I would appreciate it!

I hate to burden your workload but felt you might like to know.

Thanks so much!

Coraal

PS - I am LOVING the update! Great job, team!
~¢~
No one saves us but ourselves.
No one can and no one may.
We ourselves must walk the path.
Buddha
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Re: Sacrifice

Post by Arnaya »

Agreed, Coraal. This update is a fantastic one, despite the glitches, the changes I've seen have been entirely positive. Good job guys :)
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Koi-Echelon

Post by Koi-Echelon »

Sacrifice is in fact working as intended. There is a reason it would cost more than 10... can you figure it out?
Arnaya
Dreamer

Post by Arnaya »

Strength of the essence token being created? So, if you create a 10 strength token from a chakram, its cost would be 20?
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Koi-Echelon

Post by Koi-Echelon »

Arnaya wrote:Strength of the essence token being created? So, if you create a 10 strength token from a chakram, its cost would be 20?
Negative.
Coraal
Dreamer

Post by Coraal »

Thanks so much for your response, Echelon!

Ok...so based on your answer, and Arny's guess, I am going to speculate that the "failure" of the Art, and it does indeed have a failure rate now where it destroys the item instead of converting, causes the dreamer to suffer a sort of "backlash" that takes the form of damage that increases the loss of DreamSoul. The failure message indicates that the item sort of explodes, heh.

Tell me if I'm close!
~¢~
Buddha
Koi-Echelon

Post by Koi-Echelon »

Coraal wrote:Thanks so much for your response, Echelon!

Ok...so based on your answer, and Arny's guess, I am going to speculate that the "failure" of the Art, and it does indeed have a failure rate now where it destroys the item instead of converting, causes the dreamer to suffer a sort of "backlash" that takes the form of damage that increases the loss of DreamSoul. The failure message indicates that the item sort of explodes, heh.

Tell me if I'm close!
8-)
Arnaya
Dreamer

Post by Arnaya »

Eww... that is just mean and nasty. I like it :P
Coraal
Dreamer

Post by Coraal »

:lol:
~¢~
Buddha