Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Updated Drivers makes UL crash on start

Please list bugs discovered here. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE IN DESCRIBING THE ERROR.
Rasputin
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Rasputin

Updated Drivers makes UL crash on start

Post by Rasputin »

So, I had to update my drivers and now Underlight crashes on start.

I'm running Win 7 with a Geforce 960 that I upgraded to about a year ago. Recently my computer decided it didn't know what the graphics card was, so after some digging I figured out that I needed to clean off the drivers for the previous cards that I'd had upgraded from and reinstall the drivers for the 960.

This worked perfectly, until I booted up Underlight. Initially when I logged in I was getting extreme video lag with the screen going black for a second occasionally. Restarting my computer didn't work. I installed an older driver for the 960 and after that Underlight began to crash on start, sometimes loading long enough for me to see the courtyard and the MOTD.

Any ideas?
--Rasputin
FreeSpirit
Rasputin
Dreamer

Re: Updated Drivers makes UL crash on start

Post by Rasputin »

So, it's working now. I did several things that didn't seem to help, but on a random suggestion I run a check disk and it works fine now. No idea if that was the real fix.
--Rasputin
FreeSpirit
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Post by Arnaya »

Glad to hear it, I was trying to look up a couple of things and talking to my one room mate but wasn't coming up with anything. Welcome back :)
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Rasputin
Dreamer

Post by Rasputin »

In case anyone is still looking. Apparently this was a temporary fix.

For a bit it went to me being able to run the game once after a restart, but after closing I couldn't start the game a second time. Now it is back to not working again.
--Rasputin
FreeSpirit