Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Keybindings lost

Please list bugs discovered here. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE IN DESCRIBING THE ERROR.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Keybindings lost

Post by Arnaya »

All key bindings have been completely lost everytime I've crashed or lagged out. Reset 3 times now, and going to have to a 4th time.
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Mystic Pen
Dreamer

Re: Keybindings lost

Post by Mystic Pen »

Mine were lost from the install too!
Gossip column
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Post by Uthanatos »

Same, actual logout doesn't seem to cause any issue, but game crash removes all keybindings and clears locate list.
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Koi-Seeker
Developer

Post by Koi-Seeker »

Despite best efforts there were no registry keys in my arsenal to test this problem against.

If you would be willing to send your registry keys to me at seeker@underlight.com, it will enable me to get a quicker turnaround on a fix.

Thank you,
Koi-Seeker
Development Lead
“Seek first to understand, then to be understood.” — Stephen R. Covey
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Post by Uthanatos »

Seeker,

Some further data. Since I sent you my registry keys, I've been unable to manually replicate the issue, I've tried improperly closing the program and dropping local internet connection to force storms, and they keybindings have held both times. Should the problem occur again, I'll note the circumstances and send you the adjusted registry for comparison.
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Arnaya
Dreamer

Post by Arnaya »

I don't even know where to start looking for my registry keys lol. If someone's able to walk me through it, I can send mine in as well (Assuming they'd still be useful).
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Post by Cherokee »

Arnaya wrote:I don't even know where to start looking for my registry keys lol. If someone's able to walk me through it, I can send mine in as well (Assuming they'd still be useful).
regedit > HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Lyra

I export mine into a file for my alts so all I have to do is click on it to load up the different key bindings. That might help in this situation?
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.
Arnaya
Dreamer

Post by Arnaya »

Thank you Cherokee, that was about to drive me insane having to remap my controls every twenty minutes. Exported and sent off to the GM's now, and a copy exported for myself :)
Arnaya
Dreamer

Post by Arnaya »

Just a note, but Locate list is affected as well. It seems to get stuck at a certain point, and any names added after that are lost with storms same as the Keybindings :)