Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Absence Board

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Pheasant
Dreamer

Re: Absence Board

Post by Pheasant »

We have internet! And got moved in... Kind of... I mean, all the furniture is here and in place, but damn. I never realized how much stuff my fiance and I have. Also, we've run into a few issues with our house that our builder needs to fix (or I will find out where they live and make sure they have the same annoying issues we do.), so that's going to take up some of our time I'm sure. And my new job is a little more physically demanding than I thought, so that's kicking my ass. I don't get home until around 10PM (EST), so my time in UL will be slightly less on weekdays than normal and I absolutely MUST be strict on the weekday time and Sunday night. I'll always have weekends off, but during the summer I'll have Friday-Sunday off. I think by the weekend things might get back to some resemblance of "normal". That being said, I might try to come in tonight for a little bit if I'm not horribly tired.
DONE
Techgeist
Dreamer

Post by Techgeist »

So, about two weeks ago now, one of my dreams came true and I got promoted from road patrol to investigations. Having the career that I've wanted since I was a little boy has turned out to be a bit trying. Between on-call and having to travel to the academy for advanced training, I'm feeling the time crunch. The training should be dying down soon-ish, but I'm also in the middle of a move, so the timing could not be more inopportune. Anyway, once my promotion goes through on the 2nd and I am fully off road patrol, I should have a lot more free time (getting home earlier, weekends and holidays off, etc), but I will be on-call. I said all that to say this... if you're in the middle of a conversation or role-play with Dimitri and he just poofs, don't take it personal.
Butterfly
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arlyana Jax

Post by Butterfly »

Congrats Dimitri!
Arlyana Jax Shaw
Sovereign of Stuffing
Amanuensis of Academia
Eternal Calenturian

Uthanatos: I don't know what you are talking about, that's not a woman, it's an AJ
fr3y
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Frey, Kendo, That one guy

Post by fr3y »

how the hell did i miss a They Might Be Giants reference?
11:11:28: Purple Lace: Frayed logic
11:11:39: You Say: no
11:11:43: You Say: Freyed logic

I don't compete, I'm the prize.
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Post by Uthanatos »

Like Kurt Hoffman, sometimes they just go unnoticed
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Hammen
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Hammen

Post by Hammen »

All,

For approximately a week starting immediately, I'm going to be assisting a family member who just had surgery. I'm still going to be around just in smaller spurts and not 3-4 hour long segments. However I may also at times randomly go afk or exit game. Please don't be offended if that should happen.

Thank you for your consideration,

H
OfF KiLTeR
Dreamer
Character Name(s): OfF KiLTeR

Away? Didn't you just get back?!

Post by OfF KiLTeR »

Headed south of the Equator for 8 days. I will be completely beyond the reach of anyone. I will be departing Sunday evening and back on the 13th. I will arrange with a teacher (soon) to handle any outstanding tasks while I am away!

Mike
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Post by Arnaya »

Let me know when its worth logging in again. Bye
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers
Character Name(s): Purple Lace, etal

Post by -Lacie- »

Last edited by -Lacie- on Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Lacie~
Keeper of the Eternal Shadow
Screchethan Kabal
"Cuz Clever got me this far, then Tricky got me in."
Tary
Dreamer

Post by Tary »

-Lacie- wrote:<snip>...Doctor X....</snip>
Ooooo oooo ooo
Will build a creature
AT THE LATE NIGHT DOUBLE FEATURE
PICTURE SHOW!
Dina

Post by Dina »

-Lacie- wrote:So I finally get a doctor to actually take a look at me in the hospital, right? I mean it only took two trips to the hospital, and this last one took EIGHT HOURS IN THE ER TO BE SEEN! I explain in gorey detail how I was DreamStuck a long time ago and it's really pissing me off that me, a Master Teacher of Insight & DreamSeer extraordinaire, CAN'T FRIGGIN CATCH A BREATH OF AIR!

Argh.

Then I have to explain (in really long medical terms) what DreamStrike is and how I got it. They called the cops, of course... (there's an APB out for Kaer Gerroz, of course now...), then they get out the big machines, you know, the ones that bang and smoke and make all sorts of loud noises, and filled me with drugs that make your whole parts of your body burn for a while. They took pics of me that I wouldn't want published on the Internet....

Ok ok ok, long story short (like a DreamSeer can ~actually~ do that)....

I FINALLY got the meds I needed and asked for (from another doctor, that I've been taking for YEARS and NOT narcotic, mind you...) and sent me home! So thank you, Doctor X for FINALLY listening to me!

So I'm home, resting and taking meds. And while I'm here, lemme bitch about one more thing (feeling better, huh?). ObamaCare sucks tomatoes! Before that crap, I had a job, insurance and a retirement plan. If I wasn't as strong and otherwise healthy as I am (which is what the tests showed), I wouldn't be able to be here AT ALL! And yes.... I read the ObamaCare Bill, start to finish! It's a total con-job! Don't believe me? Fine. Read it yourself.

GO TRUMP! God's speed and many blessing on you, your family, Congress & the Senate!

Right, so as for my absense.... I should be around tonite (hahahaha, DreamSeer, short story....hah!)

~Lacie~
Get better soon! Been having medical spats too. No, not mental spats. :| Being misdiagnosed for 13 years sucks! No wonder I always felt like shit! So I hope it all works out for you and now that you claim your political stance, I think we are starting a new beautiful friendship! :lol: #TrumpNo.1
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers

Post by -Lacie- »

Last edited by -Lacie- on Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Lacie~
Screchethan Kabal
fr3y
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Frey, Kendo, That one guy

Post by fr3y »

Sounds horrible Lace, but I'm glad you're feeling better.

Dreamstrike should be renamed into vacationstrike.
11:11:28: Purple Lace: Frayed logic
11:11:39: You Say: no
11:11:43: You Say: Freyed logic

I don't compete, I'm the prize.
Dina

Post by Dina »

-Lacie- wrote:Ok, so the City walls should start crumbling at any moment. Dina and I agree on something!

Call the Dream Police!

"I didn't do it! But if I did do it... it was an accident!"

~Lacie~
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Who would have known? :o
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers

Post by -Lacie- »

Last edited by -Lacie- on Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Lacie~
Screchethan Kabal
Uthanatos
Dreamer

Post by Uthanatos »

So firstly, ask your son to set up an FTP filedrop somewhere, he should know what that means, if not, we have bigger issues. Secondly, share link to said file drop. Third have aforementioned son grab ISO and DVD-USB tool from that file drop...because I'm certain someone will upload them. Create bootable Win7 Ult USB, insert aforementioned USB into usb port of laptop...restart laptop, use break sequence (Varies by manufacturer) set laptop to boot from USB....install and enjoy!
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Noshkapana
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Nosh

Post by Noshkapana »

If the laptop was deleting when you punched it, it is possible that the platter or the read/write head got damaged. If that's the case, a reformat won't help. The laptop may have boot diagnostics that can help you determine if that's the case or not.
Everyone's a hero in their own way,
In their own, not that heroic, way.
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers

Post by -Lacie- »

Last edited by -Lacie- on Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Lacie~
Screchethan Kabal
Uthanatos
Dreamer

Post by Uthanatos »

Don't shove anything anywhere....please...dear gods...it sounds like a drive failure or possibly motherboard, but more likely drive. Hard drives for those things are dirt cheap. You can likely find one on amazon
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Pheasant
Dreamer

Post by Pheasant »

Uthanatos wrote:So firstly, ask your son to set up an FTP filedrop somewhere, he should know what that means, if not, we have bigger issues. Secondly, share link to said file drop. Third have aforementioned son grab ISO and DVD-USB tool from that file drop...because I'm certain someone will upload them. Create bootable Win7 Ult USB, insert aforementioned USB into usb port of laptop...restart laptop, use break sequence (Varies by manufacturer) set laptop to boot from USB....install and enjoy!
I may need you to walk me through this to get my fancy pants laptop that died a little while back running again. I know it was just the HD. As soon as I buy a new HD we can try this. That laptop is way too nice for me to just toss. But what I'm reading here is like a foreign language.
DONE
Nio Tak
Dreamer

Post by Nio Tak »

I've been having some computer issues but hopefully I'll be back ig by this weekend. I'm sure Dar has been dearly missed ;)
"You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you'll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present."
Koi-Owl
Senior GameMaster

Post by Koi-Owl »

Nio Tak wrote:I've been having some computer issues but hopefully I'll be back ig by this weekend. I'm sure Dar has been dearly missed ;)
Owl
Senior Gamemaster
roleplaying@underlight.com

"Uand le hibou chante, La nuit est silence" – Charles de Leusse
Leolus
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Restel

Post by Leolus »

Koi-Owl wrote:
Nio Tak wrote:I've been having some computer issues but hopefully I'll be back ig by this weekend. I'm sure Dar has been dearly missed ;)
~Restel
~Bane
Uthanatos
Dreamer

Post by Uthanatos »

Pheasant wrote:
Uthanatos wrote:So firstly, ask your son to set up an FTP filedrop somewhere, he should know what that means, if not, we have bigger issues. Secondly, share link to said file drop. Third have aforementioned son grab ISO and DVD-USB tool from that file drop...because I'm certain someone will upload them. Create bootable Win7 Ult USB, insert aforementioned USB into usb port of laptop...restart laptop, use break sequence (Varies by manufacturer) set laptop to boot from USB....install and enjoy!
I may need you to walk me through this to get my fancy pants laptop that died a little while back running again. I know it was just the HD. As soon as I buy a new HD we can try this. That laptop is way too nice for me to just toss. But what I'm reading here is like a foreign language.

Easy peasy I can step you through it no problem, I think I even wrote a process somewhere for our field techs.....now I have to sort through all the processes I've written for work lol
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Yarven Kreen
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Yarven Kreen

Post by Yarven Kreen »

-Lacie- wrote:Punching is such a .... rough word. One fist to the little space below the Z key. I have little hands. But yea... I slammed my fist down once kinda hard. Ok, what I was doing (and yea, please don't scold me, I know how terrible this is), I was using free virus software to see if anything was slowing my ANCIENT computer down. AVS or whatever that free one is, is what I used. It came up with this GREAT idea of removing duplicate files. So, while discussing politics, economy, & what was for supper with Boy, I decided to hit that horrible button called "Remove All". It took out ALL the duplicates, prolly destroying some silly file that was holding my Vista together.

Here's the message I'm getting now, when I put the harddrive back in and turn the Beast on:

"There is a problem connecting with a device connected to your computer....." blah blah blah, basically saying it can't find the harddrive, and that I should remove and reseat the drive, which I've done more than once. Then...

File: \windows\system32\winload.exe
Info: An unexpected I/O error has occurred.

Like I said... XUN'ROK DREAMSTRUCK MY BLACK BOX!

I'm going to try and take the back off (what a ROYAL pain in the ass that is), and see if i can manually shove the harddrive down the throat of this beast. The pins on the harddrive are all set the right way (suppose to be staggered a little), so maybe it's inside the stoopid box.

~L~
Do you know what kind of HDD you need I have one I can send you once you find out for sure!