Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

New Fellow Saying Howdy and Thanks

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.
Kai Osprey
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Kai Osprey

New Fellow Saying Howdy and Thanks

Post by Kai Osprey »

First few hours in game, and I have to admit, my first few minutes I was walking around like....um what do I do now... However, I stumbled into a few folks, which turned into several folks, and gently splattered into an area full of folks role-playing, and I was hooked! I have not role-played for that long of a time, without even realizing what time it was in literally years. I've tried in every MMO out there. I've spent cash, and hours, and time and effort looking for fun folks to just role-play with, and then I stumbled into Underlight. I had a great time, and I am super happy that the other players were so helpful, and willing to invest their time in a new player and new character they had never met before. Especially since Kai Osprey, Many Titles is so darn quirky.

I am ignorant of this game, and I am ignorant of the game mechanics and so-forth, but I can spot quality people and quality role-players from a mile away! You folks have got "it." I have not been this happy since the heyday of NWN1 when I was deeply involved in a persistent server. Thank you for the experience, and I hope to see you all very soon. It was a blessing to me.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Re: New Fellow Saying Howdy and Thanks

Post by Arnaya »

Glad you enjoyed yourself, and welcome to the community. I'm looking forward to seeing you in game in the future :)
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Tamarisk
Ascended Dreamers

Post by Tamarisk »

SO glad you enjoyed yourself. Sorry to run in on you like that with people in tow, but we wanted to make sure you weren't being ignored. Love the quirkiness and your character is great. You fit right in. I think you're going to have a great time. Here's to much more fun in the future.

Tamarisk
fr3y
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Frey, Kendo, That one guy

Post by fr3y »

Welcome !
the start can be intimidating. My advice is to spend time getting to know everyone and keep your options open.
11:11:28: Purple Lace: Frayed logic
11:11:39: You Say: no
11:11:43: You Say: Freyed logic

I don't compete, I'm the prize.