Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Protected inventory

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Surak
Dreamer

Protected inventory

Post by Surak »

I'd like to see a few inventory slots that are protected, the items there won't drop if sphered. Back in the day it was rumored that you wouldn't lose an item if it was at the top of your inventory, but that proved not to be the case. I once lost an item I really treasured that someone gave to appreciate one of the histories I wrote.
Koi-Tus

Re: Protected inventory

Post by Koi-Tus »

Lycan's client in SOT allowed for forged items to be flagged as "do not drop" and I believe codexes were set to do not drop. Most weaponry had a chance to drop and primes of course were always drop. So, nostalgic items could certainly be set to no drop in the idea of protecting items, verses protected slots. Clearly for some items, there should be a risk of dropping them and protected slots would sort of negate that risk.
Onyx
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Onyx Nightblade, Onyx Nightstorm

Post by Onyx »

While the idea of protected inventory slots is interesting, I believe the ability to flag certain items as "No Drop" would work well with certain restrictions.
~Onyx Nightblade, Onyx Nightstorm... and maybe someone else?
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Post by Cherokee »

Lycaon also created a repository that only your character could access. You had to be at least 1st sphere, but each character that went through the portal would enter their own personal vault. Only things you can't keep in there are Primes.
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.
Surak
Dreamer

Post by Surak »

I like certain item types being no drop. A personal vault would be really cool.
TigerSun
Dreamer

Post by TigerSun »

One of the things that made the game so realistic, when it comes to avoiding death was the thought of losing something. Yes it was a pain but it made you want to stay alive as much as possible.
Dedi
Dreamer

Post by Dedi »

Koi-Tus wrote:Lycan's client in SOT allowed for forged items to be flagged as "do not drop" and I believe codexes were set to do not drop. Most weaponry had a chance to drop and primes of course were always drop. So, nostalgic items could certainly be set to no drop in the idea of protecting items, verses protected slots. Clearly for some items, there should be a risk of dropping them and protected slots would sort of negate that risk.
If I'm not mistaken the forger made the item "no drop" when forging, but I'm not sure. For some reason that just popped in my head as a memory of forged items. But I'm possibly way off base... it'd been awhile after all.