Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Teaching variations ideas as an add on

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Rafael
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Rafe, Takalia

Teaching variations ideas as an add on

Post by Rafael »

Post by Rafael » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:41 am

Is the structure of upper spheres entirely sufficient or encouraging in events required?
Do we over rely on events that were made for a much more populated dream? Do we help enough? when we post for events and no none shows repeatedly, how do we change? Possiible suggestion is to lessen the levels from Major or minor to just events that might effect many in the dream, and multiple posts to track. This proposal is to just reduce scale of existing structure to fit individuals and dreams more than we have in a way that encourages dreamers, not frustating. And whedn frustrations occur, being ready and able to offer usable suggestions

Proposal is simple reduce the asked for scales of events. We do participate when we catch them but when we don't we miss events and no one appears. so rather than events involving many define that many as even a few in dream. Some of us have major long term projects that could impact the entire dream but this is where it fails. We need to consider how to help, just asking if others need help. So as alternative, consider lessening SCALE of events due to the wrong expectations from those putting events on. The difficulties now are dreamers not finding help leading to frustrations and people leaving the dream. So to a degree suggestion of just helping dreamers when they seem 'stuck' is not happening and needs more particularly the higher events when dreamers have issues just getting things rolling. I need feed back on this please. We Want people in the dream to have fun and not get frustated. :ugeek: :idea: :geek:
Structures should be changed and we help struggling dreamers to bring fun back to dreaming. this is suggestion to augment, not replace.
The dream is out there, we can make it real
~Rafaella
Drizzt
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Drizzt Do'Urden

Re: Teaching variations ideas as an add on

Post by Drizzt »

I agree completely I have had a few conversations with Dreamers that are stuck as you put it, at 3rd sphere. This is because their time in the city is limited and they cannot commit to a larger scale event. We, as teachers, should have an option that allows for Dreamers like this. Flexibility is key here. Can such a Dreamer, do something that isn't an event perhaps, or if they are able to be involved in another event, can that be used as the Quest for the Sphere?
Just my thoughts on the matter

~Drizzt