Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

New PP Ability

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

New PP Ability

Post by Sidas »

'Improve Art'

Costs 1-2 PPs to improve one of your arts (not at *9) by 1.

Please make it so.
Koi-Legend

Re: New PP Ability

Post by Koi-Legend »

Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

Koi-Legend wrote:
Increasing art improvement rate
http://forums.clashofdreams.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=823
Is that going to be "at will"? :)
Tobyz Friend
Dreamer

Post by Tobyz Friend »

Honestly, I'd like to see the ability to plateau arts with PP's, the higher the plateau the more it takes obviously. As it is, I have one dreamer teacher I can go to for tasks, the only other option is elders. And from what he's told me, I can only have 1 task at a time, the GM's already fussed at him once for two tasks to the same dreamer at the same time. Assuming 3 weeks per task (50 plats for all will arts) it would be roughly 36 weeks before I could get just those arts to my sphere. I already have one platted, and tasks for two more, so I'm down to 30 weeks left on avg. If something doesn't happen to make the game more fun, even for us higher sphered dreamers, this game is going to sink just like the others. And before someone sarcastically say's it, no I don't want everyone in the game 9th sphere with maxed arts in no time, I just want the game to be fun, not worse than a job for the amount of effort it takes in order to progress. You can cry "but it's all about role playing" all you want, even those of us that do enjoy role playing want to see our characters progress in a reasonably timely manner. I would love to see this game flourish, but it is already losing players left and right, and some of them is strait up due to the lack of advancement without turning this game into a second job.
The nicest smiles often hide the darkest demons.
Krodoc
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Krodoc

Post by Krodoc »

I would like to see harder and more involved learn tasks, and easier plateau tasks. Considering that logically learning something for the first time is going to be more difficult than improving your current knowledge of what you already know. A guitarist can learn a new scale, or technique a lot easier than someone who's never played the instrument. Some of the plat tasks are equal to sphere tasks. I'm not opposed to harder tasks, but plats to 50 shouldn't take weeks to achieve. Leave the long time frames for the Sphere tasks they'll be doing. Or at the very least, allow us to task for multiple arts at once and still give us a task of the same difficulty.

Protective arts = 1 task
Ward, Shatter, Amulet = 1 task
Blade, Flame, and Focus art = 1 task
Poison, Antidote = 1 task
Purify, Reweave, Drain Self = 1 task
etc, etc, etc...

Something like that anyway.
Dina

Post by Dina »

I asked not too long ago about getting cleanse, banish, and imprison nightmare as a bundle. It was a no go.
Cuero
Dreamer

Post by Cuero »

Sitting in Sanctuary mindlessly improving Nightmare Form is all I have left to look forward to!
~Cuero/Sevlen
Avayla
Dreamer

Post by Avayla »

Cuero wrote:Sitting in Sanctuary mindlessly improving Nightmare Form is all I have left to look forward to!
You need an abjure buddy! ;)
Malarky
Dreamer

Post by Malarky »

Necroposters....