Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Vendor in threshold

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Kailoth
Dreamer

Vendor in threshold

Post by Kailoth »

I know many people hate to gen, but the possibility of bringing a "vendor" to the city might entice some folks. Costing the prime strength to purchase items. Would be a bit of a "risk" as well being that you'd have to be holding the prime to purchase the items.

Just a thought.
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Re: Vendor in threshold

Post by Sidas »

Dislike. It's just an extension of using forge to prolong conflicts. It definitely shouldn't be in a Sanctuary.
Sidious
Dreamer

Post by Sidious »

Considering the fighting absolutely every day, I don't think there's a shortage of items.
Starfall
Dreamer

Post by Starfall »

One of my favorite things about this game is that there's nothing like that in it. It all comes from player actions.
_-*
I want to have adventures and take enormous risks and be everything they say we are.
-Dorothy Allison
Kailoth
Dreamer

Post by Kailoth »

Then get rid of forge. Because it's causing an absolute ridiculously stupid advantage.
Sidious
Dreamer

Post by Sidious »

For who?

And yes, let's discuss this ooc.
Kailoth
Dreamer

Post by Kailoth »

Sure, let's discuss it. It's a little demoralizing to sit there and gen, and gather items when you know the other side has an obscene amount of forged items. Those forged items carry 70+ charges. I have to carry 4 dreamsoul elemens to one forged of the opposing side not to mention the easy ability to stay coherent when you don't have to continuously flip through items in battle.

I spent a total of 36 hours of time I'll never get back genning last week. Crappy items were flourishing. Forge garners the majority of what took me that much precious time to gen in about 15 minutes.

Genning should always out produce forging. If you can come up with a method other than a vendor, then by all means I'm all for it, but the ability have unlimited supplies with little to no effort either needs to end, or something else needs to be implemented into the game.
Kailoth
Dreamer

Post by Kailoth »

One other thing I'm going to address...

This has happened more than once, twice, or three times. Order is getting pushed around, and magically a few wake and suddenly they're back, and back with more dreamers who weren't currently dreaming at the time. This is and has always been my problem with IRC.

I will not name names, but I've watched it happen, and I could directly call them out right now if I wanted.
Last edited by Kailoth on Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Venom
Dreamer

Post by Venom »

I can see where Kailoth is heading with this. I suppose yes it can be frustrating. Perhaps have the gens altered not to drop crap or cursed stuff?
*You shall be beaten by the Eggbeater and you will LIKE IT!*
-Venom
Dreamseer and Teacher
Sidious
Dreamer

Post by Sidious »

Ok, one thing at a time, and player to player, I have no reason to bs you. I consider you a friend and I personally want to have fun in game even during conflict. I also want you to have fun with it.

I'll screenshot my pack for you later when I get home, suffice to say I carry 10 to 11 dreamsoul elemens, 3 blood beige, 1 tan, 2 earth or so and then they go down from there.

2 of my elemens are forged. One I picked up from your side. The other from Gerroz because a couple of my 12 to 40s vaped. I can't face you with a 10 to 23 ele, I'd collapse, quickly. I can and do face you with +35s because when I fight good fighters, I can't stay up without them. I use the smaller eles for topping off if I'm not under too much pressure.

I think what you're really seeing is our massive amounts of recharge coming into play. We have enough seers and they're willing to recharge for everyone.

There are a few people who use forged dreamsoul because they don't play to gen, but I'd pit myself against them any time. And you have access to the same strength elemens in hc. I know, I have one.

The advantage is our willingness to keep each other armed through recharge, otherwise we really would be using all forged items
Sidious
Dreamer

Post by Sidious »

Let me address the other thing. And ill just refer to last night because it's recent. So you guys were stomping order. I was out photographing an event here in Tucson and I got home and went into ul.

I saw lots of mb on locates, sensed and went to order. Got stuck in an empty ward trap. Woke, went to thresh, ran into dreiko on the way up trinity. He explained things. I went to DoL with him and got more of the story and was like wait, why aren't we fighting if hc has order pinned. I ended up storming, logged into order and walked down trinity, that was when you saw me finally, after 20+ minutes of being in game.

Kailoth was noticeably stoked about winning, and Sid was irritated at order for fighting like idiots. So they banded together and fight as a unit and beat hc in the next push. 1 added person, just me, elspet didn't come. You still had a numerical advantage and only lost it after that.
Sidious
Dreamer

Post by Sidious »

As an aside, hop in irc some time when you get a chance I'd love to chat about it real time with you because there's a lot of misunderstanding happening.
Kailoth
Dreamer

Post by Kailoth »

I have an idea about who is using forged items, and who isn't I have all of you on locate. I know who hunts, and I know who gens. I also notice who drops the items on a regular basis vs who doesn't.

My comments were not directed towards you, none of them.
Sidious
Dreamer

Post by Sidious »

Would still like to talk about it, interested in your perspective.
Dina

Post by Dina »

Kailoth wrote:One other thing I'm going to address...

This has happened more than once, twice, or three times. Order is getting pushed around, and magically a few wake and suddenly they're back, and back with more dreamers who weren't currently dreaming at the time. This is and has always been my problem with IRC.

I will not name names, but I've watched it happen, and I could directly call them out right now if I wanted.
Look...

OoSM has some of the best fighters in game history in it. It takes 3 houses to take on one house. When you are dealing with constant fighting, there will be times that things are forged and we have seen it on the other side too.

I know it sucks losing and being pushed into a sanc for a half an hour...but don't blame the other side for such petty stuff. It is bad enough that they deal with 3 houses instead of just 1 during a war. From what I have seen, OoSM is handling this war much better than the others and they are far outnumbered.

I give props to OoSM for what they deal with. It is not easy being in an "evil and everyone hates you" house.

Don't even get me started on the calling friends in, that happens all the time and on all sides.

If you don't like how the war is going, then do something IC to resolve it.
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

Hikari and Starfall also mention DoL's use of their forge, so I'm not sure what the deal is. The only forged items I've had were floated out of HC and DoL, except maybe for a shield?

It's also a good thing that nobody has been a complete jerk about filling up essence rooms with infinitely charged white codi with no text, right?
Kailoth
Dreamer

Post by Kailoth »

Uhm, hate to break you the news there Dina. HC doesn't nor has it ever. We don't have each others cell phone. We don't sit all day in IRC waiting for the private message.
Dina

Post by Dina »

I don't either actually! I have one person on my phone that I speak to just about daily and they are in OoSM. We have been friends for many years. I use IRC mainly for when I am at work, other than that, I use the laptop I have IRC on so I can't switch back and forth unless I leave game.

You're basically saying that people can't play when they want or they will be accused of cheating.
Ashton
Dreamer

Post by Ashton »

Same old song and dance... it always boils down to "Oh, look.. people logged in. Because nobody ever in the history of Underlight has ever logged in at peak hours during a war in greater numbers. Ever."
Pink is my signature color.
Clarity
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Clarity

Post by Clarity »

Kailoth wrote:Uhm, hate to break you the news there Dina. HC doesn't nor has it ever. We don't have each others cell phone. We don't sit all day in IRC waiting for the private message.
>.>

I have several folk's contacts (mostly via facebook) and I regularly sit in IRC. Mind you I also can't IRC and UL at the same time. But honestly I don't even care if folks want/have my #. I don't use them to be like "OY STUFFS HAPPENING", but I also don't begrudge folks from doing it either. In fact we should use them more often to get folks playing during peak hours more often. On all sides. I'd love to be able to text someone who's a "bad guy" and be all "I'M BORED COME RP WITH ME IN THRESH. I WANNA SLING INSULTS AT YOUR CHARACTER FOR A BIT."

All in all, we need to be nicer to each other. I'll keep repeating it till I die irl if I have to. We're not our characters. If you are, you need to take a step back and take a deep breath. No matter what "faction" you play on.
So it’s gonna be forever, and I will stay up through the night. You can tell me when it’s over, and let’s be clear, won’t close my eyes. @-;-