Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Losing Spheres

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Tary
Dreamer

Losing Spheres

Post by Tary »

I was thinking this morning: I don't think you should be able to lose a sphere by collapsing alone. Meaning, if you collapse 10 times, your XP should be "floored" to a minimum such that you can't lose your sphere.

But I also think there should be consequences, so I'd like to propose a new art: Sphere Strike. Sphere Strike will remove a sphere from another player. The cost should be high for evoking it: specifically it should strike one orbit off the evoker per sphere struck, and collapse the evoker if striking an orbit(s). Additionally the cost should require (4*Sphere_Striking)+(Strikee_Orbit % 10) essences of the person you're Sphere Striking.

Put more simply: if you wish to strike a sphere off a person you first need to bring them down to the minimum XP for that sphere by striking their orbits. The cost for striking orbits is 1 head per orbit, so if you're orbit 49 I need 9 heads to bring you to minimum XP. Then I need to evoke Sphere Strike again with 16 heads (4*4th Sphere = 16) to get you to orbit 39.

The cost is high: it's hard to gather that many heads. The evoke time should be quite long and it also costs the evoker a significant cost. But if you lose that many heads and you see a person evoking Sphere Strike and you don't hot tail it out of there, well -- it sucks to be you. :)