Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Forge Colors

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Starfall
Dreamer

Forge Colors

Post by Starfall »

Would it be possible to reverse the order of the colors for Flower and Feather? That way the limitation on first colors only affects the stem of flowers and rachis of feathers, and the color of the petals and vanes are wide open.
_-*
I want to have adventures and take enormous risks and be everything they say we are.
-Dorothy Allison
Dina

Re: Forge Colors

Post by Dina »

So instead of a green stem for a flower you want gold or abyss? Lol
Starfall
Dreamer

Post by Starfall »

Uh, was the lol really necessary?

Is it that hard to believe someone would rather have more control over the petal colors than absolute realism?
_-*
I want to have adventures and take enormous risks and be everything they say we are.
-Dorothy Allison
Noidea
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Blue; Neveren (inactive)

Post by Noidea »

I thought Starfall was saying the opposite, anyway - limit the stem colours but not the petal colours. Wasn't that it, Starfall?
And anyway, this is a dream remember, barmy colours are expected! :-)
Efforts yield rewards, not words alone.
Dina

Post by Dina »

I like the fact you can have a stem that is green. Sorry?

Just be happy you can now make them and other items.
Noidea
Dreamer

Post by Noidea »

Are we arguing about different things here? I was under the impression Starfall wanted green stems but any colour of petals - not the other way around.
Dina

Post by Dina »

I made a flower with a green stem which is the second color.

I'm just saying, I like it that way. That's all!
Noidea
Dreamer

Post by Noidea »

That WASN'T all, Dina, or why say that "Sorry? Just be happy you can make them at all!" bit? *sighs* I wish the UL forums didn't always get so personal. Oh well, I'll just try not to get into things in future, I don't know what the heck I'm doing in this thread anyway - it wasn't even my suggestion! But honestly, suggesting possible improvements isn't being ungrateful, if that was what you were meaning - if it was, we shouldn't have a Suggestions forum. No offence in suggesting an idea surely?

edit: just occurred to me, I'm English so always the possibility this may just be a language problem, if so, fair enough.
Sidious
Dreamer

Post by Sidious »

Stop all the angries, we're all friends here!
Dina

Post by Dina »

Yeesh! Hi Sid!
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Spark »

Let's try not to start arguments over petty things here. I appreciate Starfall's question and any suggestions players bring to the table. In fact, it is possible to swap the primary/secondary item colors on these. Personally, I thought the same thing when I first came across those items in Forge. I'd like to get some more feedback (respectful/constructive, if it's possible) on this subject. The downside is that if we make the change, it will probably change all items that have already been created, so it will reverse their colors as well.
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
Game Master, In-Game Support
Noidea
Dreamer

Post by Noidea »

Ah, that's a stinker.
(Sorry I kicked off slightly. Just brought back memories of exactly what I did not enjoy about SoT. I may well have been wrong about Dina's comment, just a reflex reaction! Hi Sidious.)
Kage
Dreamer

Post by Kage »

+1 for switching the way the colors are applied to flowers. Same exact thought I had after making one for the first time. Although flowers that are on fire are kind of cool, I think the larger color selection for the petals makes the most sense. Yea that's right I'm talking about flowers, what's it to ya? :D
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

Kage wrote:+1 for switching the way the colors are applied to flowers. Same exact thought I had after making one for the first time. Although flowers that are on fire are kind of cool, I think the larger color selection for the petals makes the most sense. Yea that's right I'm talking about flowers, what's it to ya? :D
Explains a lot about Calenture! <3
Tobyz Friend
Dreamer

Post by Tobyz Friend »

Sidas wrote:
Kage wrote:+1 for switching the way the colors are applied to flowers. Same exact thought I had after making one for the first time. Although flowers that are on fire are kind of cool, I think the larger color selection for the petals makes the most sense. Yea that's right I'm talking about flowers, what's it to ya? :D
Explains a lot about Calenture! <3
Oh, you have no idea the things that happen behind those portals.
The nicest smiles often hide the darkest demons.