Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Mares double spawning

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Gerroz
Dreamer

Mares double spawning

Post by Gerroz »

After the recent patch, mares now spawn even if there's aother mare in the room already. There are hunting grounds for shams and horrons in the game where some of them are huntable in only a certain few of the rooms, and not others. Previously you could hunt those, and they would respawn. Now, they will shortly after spawn in another room with another mare already there, in the room where they're not huntable. This has completely ruined those hunting grounds.

no, I dont want to hunt agos.
Star Scream
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Star Scream

Re: Mares double spawning

Post by Star Scream »

Yeah, this has ruined the only decent team hunting spot. Its back to solo hunting agoknights.
If you win the Lotto, throw me a GRAND!
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Spark »

This is not new. In fact, nothing was changed for mares on this last patch. Spawning with other mares is always possible, usually based on how many dreamers are in the original room. They won't spawn if the room is already overrun by dreamers.
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
Game Master, In-Game Support
Gerroz
Dreamer

Post by Gerroz »

I guarantee that something has changed. Could do this for hours before, without the mares relocating. In fact, one day I did this 8 hours straight with no change in nightmare behaviour.

Now I can't even do it 15 minutes without it occuring
Sidious
Dreamer

Post by Sidious »

I am also sure something changed, they didn't do this for weeks and suddenly they start?
Gerroz
Dreamer

Post by Gerroz »

I know about the 3 people rule. There was only 2 there all the times I have tried this since the patch. Noticed that agos double spawn much easier now also. There is no question that mare behaviour changed with the patch
Sidious
Dreamer

Post by Sidious »

The whole thing seems laggier as far as the mares, the agos have been rubber banding bad for me, where it used to be only once in awhile,
Kailoth
Dreamer

Post by Kailoth »

This isn't new. I know with the Horrons it switched things up a bit, but for the most part the double genning mares have been around.
Zed Lagoon
Dreamer

Post by Zed Lagoon »

Yea well explain to us why the horron doesnt even show up in the citadel?

-Lu Chaos
Star Scream
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Star Scream

Post by Star Scream »

I think GeRR and O figured it out in game what was causing it. No biggie. Thanks for your input guys. We were just concerned that a change had been made that would basicly stick us back at agoknight hunting forever. I don't know if it changed or not really but we figured out how to overcome it.
If you win the Lotto, throw me a GRAND!