Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Fatesenders - Please Read Devs

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Trisha Pawm
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Trisha Pawm

Fatesenders - Please Read Devs

Post by Trisha Pawm »

First topic of request - Hinder hits even a Fatesender's party which I can't imagine is intended? I haven't mentioned it because I hadn't thought to make a post about it but evoking Mass Arts in a fight where it's just four of us is really bad because I hurt my party more than help them.

Enfeeblement - This art does not put Hinder on the target and it also does not degrade Soul Shield. I know the 2nd part might be intentional but the 1st part seems odd considering every Sender art should put Hinder on.

Art Durations - I know many people argue it's in a fine place. It's honestly not. For my 6th plat Stagger or Para, it requires 40+ casts that succeed to bring down a Very Long FA. That's not feasible in any way shape or form. This goes across every Sender art because their durations aren't long like Curse's so the formula is OP for Curse and basically useless for all of a Fatesender's arts. Something in the middle would be a nice change.

My intent isn't to ask (LOL my Focus sucks make it OP pls)

But the Hinder thing at the top feels punishing for trying to help my party so I can't use my most powerful arts at all ever. Enfeeblement not applying hinder was more so my curiousity as to why it doesn't and the Art Durations part is my biggest thing because I really want to not have 10 arts that are principly useless.
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Re: Fatesenders - Please Read Devs

Post by Cherokee »

I agree that Hinder should not touch party members! That doesn't make any sense to me.
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.
PKChrisChan
Keepers of the Eternal Shadow
Character Name(s): Nathan

Post by PKChrisChan »

As we discussed in discord, I think you were on the right track with upping the breakthrough to 5 or 6 times.

That and Hinder would be the only changes I would push for. Soulmasters and Senders are very top heavy. With both having HUGE power spikes at 7th sphere+.

FateSender is the hardest focus but by no means weak. A well played Sender literally locks down unsuspecting targets.

I also had an idea of giving them a SMALL chance to mini-penetrate targets. Like a 3% chance to para/scare/blind a target for .5 seconds.
Oklof
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Oklof

Post by Oklof »

The thing about it is that paralyze art is pretty much a certain collapse and blind is not far behind. Which is kind of, sort of, pretty damn powerful. The abjure/paralyze combinations are common enough insta collapse combinations as it is.
Dina

Post by Dina »

Oklof wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:57 pm The thing about it is that paralyze art is pretty much a certain collapse and blind is not far behind. Which is kind of, sort of, pretty damn powerful. The abjure/paralyze combinations are common enough insta collapse combinations as it is.
Ummm, no. Para is not a guarantee. I've been paralyzed many times and got out of it. Same with blind. Being able to use elemens and alts while para'd took away the FoD (Finger of Death). That was changed long ago in Lyra.