Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

New Mare Creation

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Dina

New Mare Creation

Post by Dina »

I was talking to Star Scream and Venom this morning before work. Seems a lot of high spheres are a bit frustrated with the maxing issue of their spheres. Star asked me to post my idea. I am sure it will be shot down, but...I said I would post it.

I suggested that a certain type of Agoknight be worth 5k instead of 1k, or even 2k or 3k. Make them red, let them be able to para more and even go invisable like bogroms. You would have to change the amount of xp of the other mares though. All you would have to do is either add more or change the amount of red agos that spawn like in CoD and other places, like replacing 2 or 3 with the red ones. They don't have to be red, could make it where you are unsure what you will get, like it would be random.

Just a thought....
Last edited by Dina on Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Venom
Dreamer

Re: XP

Post by Venom »

I completely agree with this. At higher spheres the amount of xp required is ludicrous at best. Having agoknights be the only real reliable source of xp can be frustrating. Shamblix are just too much effort for the time invested. I could easily kill several Agoknights in the span that it takes me to kill one Shamblix. Not to mention that Shamblix are immune from the front and get auto-vision. It's easier for Dreamseers but that is not fair to all the other focuii in the dream. That's just only a small nuisance with them that we have to deal with. They can Para as well and their damage is insane.

I suggest a mare that was mentioned above, have a different colored Agoknight that is stronger and has some defensive abilities. Nothing too crazy of course. Otherwise it will just be another Shamblix. These new agoknights could give 3,000 xp instead of the standard 1,000 xp we get from Agoknights. Another thing that can be done is possibly making a different colored Shamblix. These mares could also have new names but it's not necessary. The coloring should give them away.

I've spoken to RedBeeX and Solomier and they agree that something needs to be implemented as well. In fact most people I come across say the same thing.
*You shall be beaten by the Eggbeater and you will LIKE IT!*
-Venom
Dreamseer and Teacher
Star Scream
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Star Scream

Re: New Mare Creation

Post by Star Scream »

I play for a while every morning like most of you know. Majority if not all of that time is spent hunting agoknights. From week one until now I have orbit 64 and have onky suffered one collapse. I'd say 90 percent of that xp is from agos. The rest is hunting shams or horrons with a DS when they are around which is slower but rewards you atleast with some items here and there. At my current pace SS will be maxxed in 25 days from now. This has been a rigorous task.

Adding a new agoknight or nightmare worth a fraction more xp would only slighly lift the burden. I don't think it would effect balance and players would advance at a small percent increase from what it is now. A fair idea to me.

Not even to mention that before Lyra went down I had gotten 7th sphere. Padded it at a casual pace over that last 6 months or longer. In the last week, goofing off and helping others get maxxed for free stuff, I lost 7th. Didn't even realise I was close to losing it. The amount of xp you lose per collapse at 7th, compared to how long it takes you to get that amount, is insane. I don't even know how you fix that issue, making red agoknights worth 3-5k is a baby step in the right direction.
If you win the Lotto, throw me a GRAND!
Fistandantilis
Dreamer

Post by Fistandantilis »

Cool idea, although I would like to see them added to a specific plane or planes and not all. This would add conflict over the higher sphere hunting grounds while not trampling on lower spheres and alts.
Sidious
Dreamer

Post by Sidious »

I am for any idea that puts more xp out there.
Star Scream
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Star Scream

Post by Star Scream »

Fistandantilis wrote:Cool idea, although I would like to see them added to a specific plane or planes and not all. This would add conflict over the higher sphere hunting grounds while not trampling on lower spheres and alts.
Yeah, I'd actually envision them being in Dorsal/ Caudal Rift. Maybe Gloom as well. Places that would make sence for them to show up in. This way Thresh Pits, CoD, and Lost Caves are still good lower to 4th or 5th sphere areas. Making the other places 6th sphere and up hunting areas.
If you win the Lotto, throw me a GRAND!
Dina

Post by Dina »

Yeah you could put them in the 3rd sphere on up places. That would work.
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Post by Cherokee »

I like this idea.
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.
Zed Lagoon
Dreamer

Post by Zed Lagoon »

Very good idea, Dina.

-Lu Chaos
Lunk
Dreamer

Post by Lunk »

Dina wrote:I was talking to Star Scream and Venom this morning before work. Seems a lot of high spheres are a bit frustrated with the maxing issue of their spheres. Star asked me to post my idea. I am sure it will be shot down, but...I said I would post it.

I suggested that a certain type of Agoknight be worth 5k instead of 1k, or even 2k or 3k. Make them red, let them be able to para more and even go invisable like bogroms. You would have to change the amount of xp of the other mares though. All you would have to do is either add more or change the amount of red agos that spawn like in CoD and other places, like replacing 2 or 3 with the red ones. They don't have to be red, could make it where you are unsure what you will get, like it would be random.

Just a thought....
all made in image and 3d manipulation software, like i was posting before it beats just renaming and coloring an agoknight i made full sets of all these

at one point i gave up because i was told i didn't do the correct palette or some such, so im posting these in a way to just show what i tried and had no success at, they were a full series and correct as much as I could do it. so im just sharing them to just say "hey look what i did 3 years ago guys. haha. well it took me time to do as there were a lot of them i did. but in the end it was just a "good try" they had no chance but they are very neat concepts i can share to give the real developers some of my ideas from these.

again these are just the ideas i came up with but i have the full series of some of them some where in my email saved sent box if im not mistaken and if memory serves, they are like 4 years ago.
Starfall
Dreamer

Post by Starfall »

Damn. Those look great, Lunk. I'm impressed by how well you matched the aesthetic of UL without making them look like they were made with 20 years more recent programs.
_-*
I want to have adventures and take enormous risks and be everything they say we are.
-Dorothy Allison
Dina

Post by Dina »

Wow those are great Lunk!!!!!! That would be so neat!
Koi-Alastar

Post by Koi-Alastar »

We definitely appreciate the enthusiasm towards imagining new terrors to haunt the DreamScape! And Lunk, I personally love the models!

Unfortunately, it is not quite as easy as importing a new model and creating a new NPC type. While I don't want to give an emphatic 'no', I do want to temper expectations. It was a true feat and an enormous amount of hard work on the part of my more techy co-GMs to even get the mare server up and running again...we definitely do not want to jeopardize that or feel rushed to 'improve' it a few weeks after launch.

Further, while we understand that gaining more Orbits and Spheres is certainly a primary goal of many players, we do not feel that maxxing out a high Sphere should be done in a few days. Advancement being a true sign of hard work and dedication is a unique aspect to UnderLight in a world full of "instant level 50!" programs in other online games. We also wouldn't want to trivialize the significance of other players' past advancement by now making it considerably easier to replicate. We have made strides towards ensuring progression in terms of abilities will not drag on as it often did in the past.

Again, not a hardline 'no' and we do respect your combined brainstorming to make this game more enjoyable for all, but it's not currently something we can prioritize.
Gerroz
Dreamer

Post by Gerroz »

At higher spheres the amount of xp required is ludicrous at best.
eeehm....yeah
Ghazgkull
Dreamer

Post by Ghazgkull »

Gerroz wrote:
At higher spheres the amount of xp required is ludicrous at best.
eeehm....yeah
Yeah. Super dumb. We should fix it.
HiRoGIiFiQ
Dreamer

Post by HiRoGIiFiQ »

What about:
Return of invis alts
Less exp loss upon collapse
Fix all mares to grant more exp (whyever not?)

We are all old as hell aint nobody got time for that
Starfall
Dreamer

Post by Starfall »

I think increasing mare XP is in the plan still? It just introduced a hilariously awful bug when attempted in beta.
_-*
I want to have adventures and take enormous risks and be everything they say we are.
-Dorothy Allison
Zed Lagoon
Dreamer

Post by Zed Lagoon »

HiRoGIiFiQ wrote:What about:
Return of invis alts
Less exp loss upon collapse
Fix all mares to grant more exp (whyever not?)

We are all old as hell aint nobody got time for that

LMAOO
Starfall
Dreamer

Post by Starfall »

Hiro has always been here to tell it like it is. <3
_-*
-Dorothy Allison