Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

PP Raise the XP

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
KirtesOmathear
Dreamer

PP Raise the XP

Post by KirtesOmathear »

Raise the experience gained from PP. Just my suggestion :)
Gerroz
Dreamer

Re: PP Raise the XP

Post by Gerroz »

or make it a percentage rather than a set amount. like maybe 0,1% of your total XP or something like that. Then it would scale to the sphere of those using it for XP gains
Starfall
Dreamer

Post by Starfall »

It is a %. I think it may in fact be 0.1% or 0.01%. But to be honest, whatever it is is so low that it needs to be multiplied by 5 before I'd consider using PP for that.

In beta I raised myself 2 spheres using PP, and it cost around 700 each time to go from new orbit to maxed because of the way it scaled with current XP.
_-*
I want to have adventures and take enormous risks and be everything they say we are.
-Dorothy Allison
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Spark »

The available increase in XP using PPoints is already set to 0.1%. At sixth sphere, for instance, you have XP between 4,160,000 and 9,159,999. On the low side, 1 PPoint will buy you 4,160 xp. On the high side, that's about 9,160 xp for just 1 PPoint.

Are you going to advance quickly through orbits/spheres using nothing but PPoints? Of course not, and that was never the intent. At those rates, it takes about 10 PPoints to make up for one collapse at your orbit. Given the abundance of PPoints being granted back and forth between players these days, there should be plenty to go around, but it mostly depends on how you prefer to spend your PPoints.

Because it's meant as a reward system, and not as an independent advancement system, the XP gained per PPoint will not likely be increased. If you're looking to gain a lot of XP, then you'll need to spend a lot of PPoints to do it.
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
Game Master, In-Game Support
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

Koi-Spark wrote:The available increase in XP using PPoints is already set to 0.1%. At sixth sphere, for instance, you have XP between 4,160,000 and 9,159,999. On the low side, 1 PPoint will buy you 4,160 xp. On the high side, that's about 9,160 xp for just 1 PPoint.

Are you going to advance quickly through orbits/spheres using nothing but PPoints? Of course not, and that was never the intent. At those rates, it takes about 10 PPoints to make up for one collapse at your orbit. Given the abundance of PPoints being granted back and forth between players these days, there should be plenty to go around, but it mostly depends on how you prefer to spend your PPoints.

Because it's meant as a reward system, and not as an independent advancement system, the XP gained per PPoint will not likely be increased. If you're looking to gain a lot of XP, then you'll need to spend a lot of PPoints to do it.
The problem is that it remains a BFF system instead of what it was intended to be from the start. :P
Pickman
Dreamer

Post by Pickman »

Eh, I dunno. Nobody likes me and I still get them.
Starfall
Dreamer

Post by Starfall »

Spark: Totally understandable. I was just saying what'd have to be different for me to use them that way. Even if it were changed, I probably still wouldn't.
Sidas wrote: The problem is that it remains a BFF system instead of what it was intended to be from the start. :P
I can't be the only one giving them to people I don't really like. I know I've gotten them from people who dislike Star. I don't have nearly enough friends to account for what I've gotten.

I think the issue is mainly who you're around often enough to have the opportunity to see them at their best. I think most of the best RP is rarely seen by more than a few, yet felt by how it impacts the game: the private meetings where decisions get made, a mentor's one-on-one counseling of an apprentice, someone recounting the story of a major event, someone sticking to their code, someone admitting they were wrong. Grandstanding and spotlight hogging during large events isn't necessarily behavior I'd want to encourage anyway.
_-*
I want to have adventures and take enormous risks and be everything they say we are.
-Dorothy Allison