Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Shields (not asking for SoT shields, honest)

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Yuritau
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Yuritau, Eilathen

Shields (not asking for SoT shields, honest)

Post by Yuritau »

I want a better shield. But not SoT shields. I just want a shield that doesn't vape the instant it hits 0 durability. That's all! It would be nice to be able to have a shield you like, that doesn't crumble into dust after 5 seconds of combat.

Doesn't need to be every shield, either. Maybe that can be a special thing for forged shields. An option called "non-vaping" or whatever in the current durability selection of the forge window, or a checkbox, either way. Make it a flat cost of 5-10 PTs that doesn't go down with level.

Don't need any special mechanic for unequipping or anything either, imho. Just if it has 0 durability, it doesn't absorb anything anymore. Pay attention and change shields yourself. You would also need to reweave it as normal, of course.
Dina

Re: Shields (not asking for SoT shields, honest)

Post by Dina »

I agree with this, Reweave would be helpful finally. Most of the time I am fighting and the shield vapes because I suck at switching them out, I know I am not the only one!
Krodoc
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Krodoc

Re: Shields (not asking for SoT shields, honest)

Post by Krodoc »

This is why I just don't use shields. They vape and I don't even notice.