Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Forge

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Dina

Forge

Post by Dina »

Can we please make this art a bit better? I would like to be able to make more things (graphics). Possibly let the SM's make something like waterfalls and FS's make those cute little single fires? Give teachers more to work with because I like having my teachers write tasks using forge with it as well. Give something special for each focus, not just a couple.

Some people are not fans of the new forge. I understand you shouldn't be able to forge genned items, hell the 20 to 40 min alts would be great to have though and not need to be 9th sphere...Make the forge of 20 to 40 min stop at like 62 and not go higher! Beige alts are harder to find it seems. Leave the rest the same for all I care, just a pain in the butt having a crappy 29 FA and having to make lots of alts just to keep you arted all the time.

Please????
Yuritau
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Yuritau, Eilathen

Re: Forge

Post by Yuritau »

More decorative shapes would be fantastic. And I really like the idea of more focal shapes.

Regarding making useful items.. It's kinda crap for that as it stands right now. Even at Forge 49, can't make anything useful other than newly chaks without a PT. And even with the best stuff I can make with PTs, most of them costing 3 PTs, are barely "meh". Certainly nothing forgeable at 49 is even remotely combat worthy.
Krodoc
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Krodoc

Post by Krodoc »

Yuritau wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:09 pm More decorative shapes would be fantastic. And I really like the idea of more focal shapes.

Regarding making useful items.. It's kinda crap for that as it stands right now. Even at Forge 49, can't make anything useful other than newly chaks without a PT. And even with the best stuff I can make with PTs, most of them costing 3 PTs, are barely "meh". Certainly nothing forgeable at 49 is even remotely combat worthy.
That's because of the never ending Forge debate. People whine that Forge was too strong because people would forge their entire packs and could continue to find endlessly. They'd just disappear for like 2 minutes and reforge 6 chakrams with 50+ charges and a handful of dreamsoul elemens. I'm personally fine with this aspect of Forge and wouldn't really care if people are forging their entire packs because I certainly would. I don't like to stand around and stare at a floor to wait for items, and I don't like mindless hunting to maybe get something good, but mostly you get crap. Though, it's not super important to me that Forge does this. I would prefer to see us able to Forge more interesting items. Why can't a GK forge a Return alteror? Why can't a Seer forge an Invis or even a Blend alteror? Now that we have the capacity to carry strength around in wells, we could use that to trade for unique items like this. I'd rather see this than be able to forge awesome chakrams. Though I wouldn't be opposed to forging awesome chakrams! *grunts*
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Post by Uthanatos »

I imagine certain arts are restricted because it's just flat out gamebreaking. Instant return, abjure chaks, invis alts...especially with the new changes to invis, being able to pop a 5-10 min invis alt instantly would be devastating.
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Krodoc
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Krodoc

Post by Krodoc »

Uthanatos wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:26 am I imagine certain arts are restricted because it's just flat out gamebreaking. Instant return, abjure chaks, invis alts...especially with the new changes to invis, being able to pop a 5-10 min invis alt instantly would be devastating.
Return's evoke is pretty much instant at 50. Invis is an effect, Return is an effect, Abjure is an anti-effect that holds no duration. I'm also sure there's a way to limit their use in this fashion as well. Not like it would ever happen anyway!