Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Make Identify a "birth-art"

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Ghazgkull
Dreamer

Re: Make Identify a "birth-art"

Post by Ghazgkull »

I totally agree. It makes no sense that people can't identify the items in their pack right out of the gate.

- Jared
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

Agreed. Can put the sack of crap that is ID Curse in its place if Seers need a level 5 art. ;)
Star Scream
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Star Scream

Post by Star Scream »

I understand the point but as a noob I had to learn the colors and what they meant, something I still use today. I think it actually helped me down the road to know items stats visually and then later getting identify. ID is a awesome art and if we made it a birth art you may as well make it were items dont need to be identified at all. I think its creates a unique challenge having ID the way it currently is that other games don't offer. If UL was so much like other games, we wouldn't still be playing it.

That said, if the change was made I wouldn't lose sleep over it.
If you win the Lotto, throw me a GRAND!
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

Star Scream wrote:I understand the point but as a noob I had to learn the colors and what they meant, something I still use today. I think it actually helped me down the road to know items stats visually and then later getting identify. ID is a awesome art and if we made it a birth art you may as well make it were items dont need to be identified at all. I think its creates a unique challenge having ID the way it currently is that other games don't offer. If UL was so much like other games, we wouldn't still be playing it.

That said, if the change was made I wouldn't lose sleep over it.
Except you still couldn't just pick up a random dreamsoul elemen in a battle and use it. You risk a person intentionally dropping a cursed elemen.
Star Scream
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Star Scream

Post by Star Scream »

I guess that is true. I've never seen anyone try something like that but its not a bad idea, lol.
If you win the Lotto, throw me a GRAND!
Starfall
Dreamer

Post by Starfall »

Instead, I would like to see identified items stay identified, so folks can ID for each other. That way a new player has access (And that's just something I'd like to see anyway).
_-*
I want to have adventures and take enormous risks and be everything they say we are.
-Dorothy Allison
Fistandantilis
Dreamer

Post by Fistandantilis »

Starfall wrote:Instead, I would like to see identified items stay identified, so folks can ID for each other. That way a new player has access (And that's just something I'd like to see anyway).
This.
Sidious
Dreamer

Post by Sidious »

Signed