Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

In-Character Forum

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Krodoc
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Krodoc

Re: In-Character Forum

Post by Krodoc »

I agree. Especially with the third one!
Starfall
Dreamer

Post by Starfall »

Cosigned. I was trying to think of a good way to prevent the old nonsense from plaguing us again and this works nicely.

For anything that "deserves" more permanent space, e.g. anything that could also go in the in-game library, there's the wiki. Not that I think the wiki should be IC, but more as a repository for the information that ought to be preserved somewhere just in case, because the libraries are by nature highly volatile.
_-*
I want to have adventures and take enormous risks and be everything they say we are.
-Dorothy Allison
Onyx
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Onyx Nightblade, Onyx Nightstorm

Post by Onyx »

Convert a mission board into a bulletin board in game. :lol:
~Onyx Nightblade, Onyx Nightstorm... and maybe someone else?
Onyx
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Onyx Nightblade, Onyx Nightstorm

Post by Onyx »

I think you'll survive.

While an IC forum here would be nice in some respects, I just feel that the game itself would be better served without one. People can sit outside of the game and attempt to influence events inside of the game without ever entering the dreamstate with an IC forum like what we used to have. Now, your first two suggestions would help alleviate that. Temporary posts and the inability to reply, but there will still be replies (ie "In regards to Eros's note about Mares"). As much as I refer to Humans as idiots, we're actually pretty smart like that.

Is there an good IC explanation for a wall outside of the City that people can post notes to?
~Onyx Nightblade, Onyx Nightstorm... and maybe someone else?
Fistandantilis
Dreamer

Post by Fistandantilis »

I think an IC board would be cool to stay somewhat connected to the dream when we are at work, or on mobile devices and not able to dream. I see a lot of the same dreamers around from 10+ years ago, and if they are anything like me, are in their 30s, busy with life, kids, work, spouses ect. I think it would be a cool idea ESPECIALY now that most of us have much more going on than when we were in our teams and early 20s.
Star Scream
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Star Scream

Post by Star Scream »

I'm definetly all for this idea. Just like the GM's have a IC Forum. It would be considered as sitting in the courtyard.
If you win the Lotto, throw me a GRAND!