Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Plateau reset

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Ghazgkull
Dreamer

Plateau reset

Post by Ghazgkull »

I'm wondering about the reset of plateaus that was done for the launch. How far were characters set from the level where they'd lose a sphere by being collapsed? (How many times can our characters be collapsed before they lose a sphere?)

Thanks,
- Jared
fotowca
Dreamer

Re: Plateau reset

Post by fotowca »

I can't say for sure, but I was collapsed twice and didn't lose my sphere. If the xp table stayed the same then I was closer to 51 then 50 when I started back up. Sorry it's such as vague answer, and maybe a GM can give the full account. But that's what it appeared like to me.

http://www.angelfire.com/ab7/dranak/ Still has the old xp tables so if that hasn't changed then you can check your xp and compare against that.

Cheers,

Scott
Koi-Raven

Post by Koi-Raven »

Players should all have been imported approximately 10% into their orbit. In other words, approximately 10 collapses before losing sphere.
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Spark »

To clarify what Raven said with an example:

The minimum xp for orbit 50 is 1,660,000. 10% of that is 166,000. Added on, that's 1,826,000xp you have imported as 5th sphere.

Each collapse will cost you 1% of your current xp. From there, you'd lose 18,260 (1,807,740), then 18,074 xp, and so on. You could be collapsed 10 times and still hold onto your sphere. Hopefully you all remember that you will lose additional xp if you exit the game while you're a soulsphere.

With that, you should have plenty of buffer to start your sphere, and there are plenty of mares to go around for you to pad and advance.
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
Game Master, In-Game Support
Tember
Dreamer

Post by Tember »

Wow, that's good news. Was kinda worried
About losing sphere
Tember
Dreamer

Post by Tember »

I"ll try :lol:
Ghazgkull
Dreamer

Post by Ghazgkull »

Thanks for clarifying this. One thing I really hope to see in this incarnation compared to the old days is transparency from the folks running the game. Posts like the one above are encouraging.

- Jared
Gerroz
Dreamer

Post by Gerroz »

The Kois have been WAY more transparent than Lyra. So far it has been very good in that regard Jared