Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

SoT Character's minor arts

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Re: SoT Character's minor arts

Post by Sidas »

I would also suggest Sense Datoken at 1. :-)
Star Scream
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Star Scream

Post by Star Scream »

Didn't play SoT so I cannot entirely relate. However, if you consider arts lost from SoT and the tasks that players put into those arts, it seems understandable. If it isn't possible to do that, atleast make it easier for them to get to that level somehow. It has to make sence IC too Eros. I think that is probably the only reason the GM team didn't already do that. Its like if Lyra characters jumped to SoT and had max level Enfeeblement. It wouldn't make sence IC.

Should be some middle ground though, I understand your concern. Basicly, this game os Lyra UL returned. The benefit for SoT characters is getting ported over. However, it benefits the storyline for the SoT players not being held back so I agree with you. We want everyone on a level field, within reason and as long as it can be explained IC somehow.
If you win the Lotto, throw me a GRAND!
Star Scream
Dreamer

Post by Star Scream »

It has to make sence IC, how you are getting these arts that you previously could not but I think there is a simple solution to bridge the gap.

First, the teacher establishes IC what version of Underlight the student is from by asking simple questions most teachers would ask in an effort to get to know there students.
Example:
Tell me a bit about yourself.
-What factions were you in previously?
-Who are some teachers or former students you had?
-What is your favorite thing about the city and are there any changes you have noticed or things you miss/don't miss?

After the teacher has gotten to know the student better IC and established what game they played OOC, they can task the student accordingly. A SoT student is going to have basic things they would need to learn or know IC regardless of being tasked to do so or not. To help be fair to SoT players and help them catch up, teachers could task them to do things they would need to do regardless.

Example:
Free Action- Seek out 3 unfamiliar dreamers who have FA and are not GKs. Learn of thier city and thier past. They are free to start anew, will they? Learn the basics of the art. History, Focus, Cost, ect.

This is a basic quest that isn't really asking you to do anything you wouldn't already do and keeps the learning and growing IC so it makes sence.

Just an idea. I really don't know what would be a better answer for this concern but I'd personally try to be as fair as possible when tasking a SoT player to catch up. I do know it wouldn't make sence IC if you just entered the city with these new abilities and no explanation.
Star Scream
Dreamer

Post by Star Scream »

Oh, my bad. I didn't know all the details. I'm sure it'll work out bro. Dont worry about it. They have been pretty fair up to this point. Remember we were looking like starting iver at third sphere and they changed that to help us out. I'm sure they will take your concerns into consideration moving forward as well.