Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Respec

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
HikiraFang X
Dreamer

Respec

Post by HikiraFang X »

Something that's been on my mind for awhile,
(Please add JP leave party confirmation box option! Also maybe one for Combine too where it tells you what the outcome will be!)

How about a 1 char per account respec? I say once and once only for 1 char on 1 account for life because otherwise it'd throw the game into chaos, rpwise,
Like many people I picked at random (Atleast I did) my current chars focus, Dreamseer, not real sure about what I was doing. After Fang was struck I made Hikari Dreamseer just because I had previously played it. After the game went down, in SoT I made Kira Windveil, also a Seer, and for the same reasons. However, playing Lance as a GK has been remarkable to me and I kind've like it, so,

How would this work?

First, how would arts be handled?

All dreamsoul arts, xp level, orbit sphere would remain the same. Any minors, for instance like FA or Restore would be taken to appropriate level assuming they're higher or at level 29 plat.
Focal arts would also remain at level.

<Dreamseer <> Gatekeeper <> Fatesender <> Soulmaster

Blade and flame would also remain at the same level, so a DS becoming and SM with level 59 tranceflame would get Flamesear at 59.

After that it'd one of those things where you have to match up arts.
For instance the higher level arts once called guild arts would correlate each other, for instance,
Combine <> Reflect <> Hypnotic/Terror Or -maybe- Razorwind <> Healing Aura/Vampyric Draw
So level 60 combine would get Reflect for instance,
Keeping in mind this has nothing to do with an arts usefulness, all the changes basically are based on the expectation a 60 plat for any art requires a reasonable level of effort. And honestly, dropping hard earned plats I feel is going to far. (Im sure we could come up with something balanced anyway.

Finally the other arts, would trade one for one, in this example,
<Blast (Learned orb 30> <> <GK art around orb 30> <>Poison> <Paralyze>
So if my blast was level 69, and I went FS i'd get para 69,
Again balancing is key, but as you can see, if you got reflect instead of Vampyric draw, it evens out in other areas where your new focus may have nothing new to offer, or be much less useful at certain levels. In this instance Blast for Poison I feel is in favor of the DS, whereas later it'd be in favor for an SM.
As another example for instance,
<Blend> <> <Return> <> <Firestorm or Darkness> <> <Trap Nightmare or Abjure>

Blend 60 gets Return 60, or firestorm 60 or trap 60 depending on what you're changing into.
And in instances where there are two arts, like firestorm and darkness, you could pick another art from the focus to trade one for one perhaps one where nothing new is learned.

Finally cost of this? Sphere level task? Plan an event and make it happen? Pay EN? Pay PP?
Make it free as its one time only? Would your items be reformed into your new focus? Would losing them be the cost? Would PP points I spend into resilience and other focal pools be refunded so I can re balance myself?

All valid questions.
Not sure how much support there may be, but I think it would be great and breathe new life in somewhat ignored by a controller due to apathy of playing the same focus or something. Personally i'd love to make Hikari an SM, do some RP about his father, or maybe his brothers both GK? Imagination is the limit,
And if someone would like to draw out a flow chart about what arts would convert into what arts, i'd be happy to see your ideaas.

Thanks!
~Kris