Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Streaming

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Dina

Streaming

Post by Dina »

This was not my idea, I got this from a few people that I've been talking to and I think it would help out the game a lot. I am willing to help out in any of this.

1. Start streaming on Twitch.
2. Stream things that are "interesting" about the game, such as:
A. How to get through Thresh Caves maze
B. How to get through the maze in the Palisades and the invisible path
C. Maren fights...DarkMare and DayMare (Darks vs. Darks, Darks vs. Dreamers, Days vs. etc etc)
D. How to climb and fly
E. Interactions between players
F. A house war (face it, many people like conflict, so show them there is more to the game than poetry and parties) This also shows how all the foci come together and work together
G. Places in the City, not just the new places. Most of us started with the old stuff and still love it

There are many things that can be done to bring in new players and I am willing to help out wherever you need me. I have a lot of time on my hands right now.

If you have any suggestions, please post here. We want to help the game become alive again and I hope the GM's will take these suggestions and use them. This isn't about telling anyone how to do their job, we just want to help. MAKE UL GREAT AGAIN!
SnowAngel
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Snow Angel X

Re: Streaming

Post by SnowAngel »

Great ideas to try and attract new people!

Wondering what does it take to get the regular player base back ? I can't tell you how many times I've logged in and there is me and one other in the game. Sometimes there may be 1 or 2 others.

These ideas, while great, are only effective ( for the most part) if there are a bunch of people around. I know I tend to dream earlier than most, but getting up at 5:15 am EST 6 days a week for work, means I go to bed earlier!

I think we need to figure out ways to encourage our regular player base, myself included, to come and play more often, then we could work on bringing in new folks too!

Just my two cents worth :)
There are times when we stop.. We sit still... We listen and breezes from a whole other world begin to whisper.
James Carroll
Koi-Scribble
Dreamer

Re: Streaming

Post by Koi-Scribble »

Thank you for the suggestions! The Marketing/Public Relations department is always looking for new ideas on how to draw in new players.

We ARE working toward getting on Twitch, but currently we stream on Youtube! We certainly hope you'll tune in! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9mzsB ... 4XxjJw-3xw

As for encouraging players to play more often, we'd love to hear your feedback there! You can provide feedback here on the forums, or if you prefer, you can contact us by email (Marketing@Underlight.com for marketing suggestions), or you can contact us on Discord - I'm almost always available, even though I'm shown as offline. :)

Looking forward to hearing your ideas!
Koi-Scribble
Public Relations - Marketing
Teaching Team