Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Forge

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Gerroz
Dreamer

Forge

Post by Gerroz »

let me first say that I support the move to require a Power Token in order to use forge to its full capacity. It empowers houses, something which is sorely needed, and in my opinion, more things should be geared towards this.

I do however think that it has been overdone a tad in this case. As it is now, forge only works at 25% effectiveness without a token. This renders the art as good as useless even at a really high plateau of the art. I propose to change this to 50% effectiveness. You still need a VERY high forge for it even to be remotely useful at 50%.

Thoughts?
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Re: Forge

Post by Koi-Spark »

Rendering the art as good as useless was essentially the intent of the Power Token addition. In SOT, Forge became a "pretty inscribe" so that people had more creative tools for item RP. Without the Power Token, that is essentially the extent of the use. With a Power Token, you can create functional items as well.

We do not want to make Forge Talisman a house-only art, but requiring Power Tokens will certainly make it more difficult for uninitiated players to compete. We didn't want to completely neuter Forge, but liked the idea of having more RP usefulness without creating an entirely separate art.

As for the exact percentage, we will continue to monitor balance, abuse, and usage in the game to determine if adjustments need to be made.
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
Game Master, In-Game Support