Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Let's make the chatbox less spammy

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Tary
Dreamer

Let's make the chatbox less spammy

Post by Tary »

Do we really need these alerts:
1) Extension of effects you're already wearing ("The duration of your Free Action has been extended", "Argh! You are stricken even deafer!", etc. etc.)
2) Blocked offensive evokes (i.e. Blind when you're wearing Vision, Paralyze when you're wearing FA, etc.) * This one might have value because of how FS arts chew through your defensive arts, but at least maybe only display the alert once every N seconds or once every 10 times or something).

I dunno - feels unnecessary.

Thoughts?
Pheasant
Dreamer

Re: Let's make the chatbox less spammy

Post by Pheasant »

That always drives me a bit crazy! I mean, I understand why it's done this way, but sometimes certain folks like to spam arts in other people and the list of art extension dialog gets stupid long.

The other one I never quite understood. Why do I need to be told that? I already know I blocked it!
DONE
Harkyn

Post by Harkyn »

You would need something to tell you about blocked offensive arts since they degrade the protection now. Otherwise I'd have no clue if someone is spamming blind on me to remove my vision. If the SoT art indicators Seeker posted in his roadmap under the "Shamrock" patch viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4864 are added as well, that would probably be sufficient. You would be able to see the times going down if you were paying attention, but it wouldn't be as obvious as the chat spam is now. That might actually be a nice little boost that is still needed for Fatesenders.
Pheasant
Dreamer

Post by Pheasant »

Ah. That makes sense. I didn't think if that since I'm not into combat!
DONE
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers
Character Name(s): Purple Lace, etal

Post by -Lacie- »

It would be nice if the Vision evokes, for example would be like....

>"Your vision is heightened" (or whatever the first evoke says)

and then subsequent evokes say like....

>"Your Vision is short"
>"Your Vision is medium"
>"Your Vision is very long"

And so on. Then the reverse could be used:

>Argh! Em'et tried to Blind you! Your Vision is now medium!"
>Argh! Em'et has tried to Paralyze you! Your Free Action is now short!"
>Argh! Em'et has Paralyzed you!

or....

>Lace has Blasted you! Where is she?
>Dang again...and again!
>You gonna let her get away with that?
>Last has busted up your Shield! And Blasted you another few times!

Oh wait, that was for another suggestion.... sorry, forget I said anything....

~Lacie~
~Lacie~
Keeper of the Eternal Shadow
Screchethan Kabal
"Cuz Clever got me this far, then Tricky got me in."
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Post by Cherokee »

I agree with Harkyn, the notifications are important in combat. Even if I’m Reflecting, I want to know if I’m being targeted so I can aim at them. It is annoying for the everyday, though. I art myself frequently. So perhaps an option to disable the notifications in the settings?
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Post by Arnaya »

2nding the suggestion about the option to disable instead of just outright taking it away... for the same reasons.
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Cedar
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Nmoto

Post by Cedar »

3rding the suggestion for having a toggle to disable them; that’d be a huge plus. I think having the art indicators also in the future will also be a big help.
Black Cloud
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Cloud

Post by Black Cloud »

I agree with Harkyn that it is important, in some cases, to know that somebody is targeting you, and so taking the feature out completely would mess with the IC fact that your character is aware of being targeting, although protected. Also, someone who you cannot see, yet sense, will make you aware of their presence.

I like the idea that this can be toggled. In some situations, these notifications don't matter.

This gave me the idea that what if it is possible to toggle a whole separate configuration?
Can we possibly have multiple key bindings/settings that can be switched through sort of like Loadouts?

If we had 2, which I think is all we would really need, one 'loadout' could be focused on non-combat play whereas, with the click of a toggle box or dropdown, we could switch to a completely different keybinding/options config.

just a thought. That way we could potentially switch between drastically different settings and only have to select one option to do it. (Let's put these new servers to the test! This is SPATAAAAA)