Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Disposable Shields

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Nio Tak
Dreamer

Disposable Shields

Post by Nio Tak »

After playing in beta one of the larger issues that I have seen is one that I am hesitant to note, because it is so close to the changes in SoT that many players found undesirable. The shields appear to be "disposable". I didn't put much consideration into it at first but I realized I don't see a point in having reweave. Rarely a shield will last until the end of a fight.

80 is a high durability and at 3rd sphere you're capable of doing 7-22 damage. So, with a 50% absorption that gives you about 8-20ish hits before the shield vaporizes. Granted that is decent but remember, these are calculations for a 3rd sphere dreamer's damage output. Average sphere is . . what. . 6th now?

One v. one you may be able to save your shield/s but honestly that never happens. In a larger scaled battle with say just 2-3 dreamers on each side, each of them 5th-7th sphere, you can forget trying to wear a shield. It's hard enough juggling alts, eles, and chakrams. When you throw shields into the mix it isn't plausible.
"You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you'll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present."
Koi-Raven

Re: Disposable Shields

Post by Koi-Raven »

Not a bug. Moved to the appropriate forum.