Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Shields

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Celelond
Dreamer

Shields

Post by Celelond »

I was told in SoT shields lost one durability each time you were hit.

This seems like it might help overall in lower lvls surviving a little longer, is this something we could do in this version?
Celelond
Dreamer

Re: Shields

Post by Celelond »

Thank you for the info Kailee, that part was not told to me before.
Star Scream
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Star Scream

Post by Star Scream »

It wouldn't be to bad if a change was made to shields that complimented the durability change. For example:

Abyss Shield = 98% absorption / 10 durability
So you get 10 hits before the shield poofs

Other colors would equal less durability with the average shield only having around 5. This would make it easier to determine how long before your shield poofs as you could count the hits your taking but also keep them from lasting forever. You could even make it a standard that all shields have a max of 5 durability and the colors could instead determain absorption only. Ofcourse this could pose a coding nightmare for the developimg team, I dont really know but just to piggy back your idea and give a suggestion thay would make it more acceptable to the masses, this would be my idea.

I dont mind the way shields are now but obviously it would make combat planning much more interesting in respect to shield use if you could actually determine how long before your no longer protected. As it stands under the current format you really dont know if your shield has vaped or not until after because it is based off percentages that you cant calculate while trying to stay afloat.
If you win the Lotto, throw me a GRAND!
Yuritau
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Yuritau, Eilathen

Post by Yuritau »

Dropping durability to such low numbers would make Reweave silly. SMs would be fixing a shield from almost gone to full in one or two evokes.

Shields work well as is, please don't change them.