Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

gm support

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
fr3y
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Frey, Kendo, That one guy

gm support

Post by fr3y »

It's great to see a million gm's show up for every oosm event or support certain dreamers regularly, then to see others doing legitimate rps which would take 2 minutes of support go ignored. Regularly. Emails were sent, in-game reports, everything. We're talking very minor things here towards things that potentially bring a lot of good rp to the Dream.

It's worse when Elders encourage people to stick with those same rp's because in the near future things may change and they never actually do in the least bit. There's a weird favoritism taking place that's a bit disturbing.

Just my 2 cents, born of frustration and no, this has nothing to do with Frey.
11:11:28: Purple Lace: Frayed logic
11:11:39: You Say: no
11:11:43: You Say: Freyed logic

I don't compete, I'm the prize.
Koi-Cipher
Public Relations Lead
Character Name(s): Koi-Cipher

Re: gm support

Post by Koi-Cipher »

Good Morning, fr3y!

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the GM Team and vocalize your concerns. The GM Team has been working very diligently to support as many role-play situations as possible to encourage players to continue creating the dynamic and interesting role-play situations that make Underlight the unique gaming experience that it is.

To that point, I am really sorry to hear about your recent experience and want to do my due diligence in helping to determine how best we can resolve this issue so that situations like the one you are describing are avoided in the future. I recognize how frustrating it can be to work on a role play situation and not receive a response.

After doing some research into this issue, I have determined the following information:

On February 16, 2018, an email was received at roleplaying@underlight.com to request role-play support for an in-game role-play opportunity. The email was consistent with the requirements our players are advised to follow when issuing emails regarding in-game activity as located on the Roleplay Support post located here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4289.

While it was advised in the submitted email that an in-game RP report would be issued to notify available GM's when you were ready to begin your role-play; unfortunately, a date/time stamp was not included in the email to advise the GM Team as to when your role-play might be attempted and this is appears to have created something of a communication breakdown.

Please understand that all player emails issued to request GM Support are tracked and, to the best of our ability, the GM Team supports as many role-play requests as possible. As you know, the GM Team is composed entirely of volunteers whose in-game schedules can vary based on a number of real world situations. It is therefore absolutely critical that player emails contain as specific a date/time expectation as possible so that GM Support can be scheduled to meet the expectations of our player base.

It is unfortunate that, on the date the in-game RP report was issued (March 12, 2018) to notify the GM Team that support was being requested, there was no RP Support available in-game at that specific time.

I certainly do apologize that your role-play did not garner the support you were requesting and want to state, once again, that it is the intention of the GM Team to offer in-game support to player driven role-play as much as is possible.

Going forward, I encourage you to provide as specific a date/time expectation for GM Support to your role-plays in your emails to roleplaying@underlight.com so that future incidents of this nature might be avoided.

Our player base puts a lot of hard work, effort, and creativity into the many various player driven role-play situations in-game and we wish to recognize that level of effort by supporting you as much as possible.

I hope this helps to address your concerns and offer an amicable resolution to this issue. I invite you to reach out to me directly should you have additional concerns by sending me in-forum messages or through Discord private messages to Koi-Cipher. Upon receipt of any messages I am more than happy to respond as soon as possible.

Thank you again for bringing this situation to our attention and thank you for your dedication to the continued success of Underlight!
Koi-Cipher
Public Relations / Marketing Team Lead
Teaching Team
RP Team