Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Swapping characters

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Riggs
Dreamer

Swapping characters

Post by Riggs »

I noticed there was a post penned by Dina with a whole bunch of responses; but, and maybe i'm only asking GM's in hopes one of them will reply --

Is there any head way in reducing the 15 minute log-out/swap rule?

Maybe make it, like, 7-10 minutes, or something.

I completely understand why it as created and some bad seeds/decisions spoiled it for all.. so I'm sure a case-by-case scenario isn't possible. But this is really a pain.

Example: Logged on as DE - no House affiliation, no active rp's going on. Ran around, didn't see anyone in game, logged off a few minutes later.
Tried to log on Vampyro - who is House affiliated (wanted to check MB), a teacher in case anyone pops up, and is deeply involved in an RP.

But I'm waiting. So, I was curious if re-vamping that (no pun intended) was on the table.

This post, has, however, taken up about half of the delay timer, so there's that!

Cheers!

BA
Koi-Wish
Founder

Re: Swapping characters

Post by Koi-Wish »

We always review and we have considered putting a toggle in on our end if a request is sent and someone is around to toggle it.

As you may be aware, the ability to logoff and login with an alt had been abused in the past and we saw lots and I mean lots of complaints from folks who knew alts of various players were abusing this. They would see a situation that would involve their alt, a war, a confrontation... some sort of situation and immediately logoff and login with their alt and go about things as if no one would notice but players noticed over and over again and we had no choice but to create this logoff/in rule in the server to settle the complaints we got. The sad side affect is situations like the one you are describing and I get that. I will bring it up with the team to discuss the "toggle" again - Which we could activate with perhaps a RP-Submission within the City if someone on this side was available. Or perhaps bringing the timer down to a different number. If anyone else wants to weigh in on your opinions please let us know. We, as we often try, are just trying to keep the OOC crossover of character swapping to a minimum as much as possible.

Thanks for the feedback,

~Brian
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Post by Cherokee »

I agree with the OP. I have personally witnessed the alt-switch abuse by a few in the past, so the delay is understandable. For those that do not cross, the 15 minutes can become bothersome. I'd love to see it reduced a tad as well.
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.
Dina

Post by Dina »

I'm guilty of doing it, but I feel I should have the right to play whatever character I want. I don't care anymore though. I don't play many alts like I once did. I don't have the motivation like i once did. I did switch out my characters when I saw someone dream and needed on my other characters and yes, that is totally OOC and I just told on myself! That was in the past though! Koi is just trying to keep as much as they can IC. I have seen people drop items then log into another character to pick them up. If you have to wait the 15 minutes, the items will vape unless put in a vault.

If I have to wait 15 minutes to make Koi feel like it is legit, then I am ok with it. :geek:
Tember
Dreamers of Light

Post by Tember »

Dina is being cooperative! Someone get behind me before I faint!

Jk :lol: :lol: <3
Dina

Post by Dina »

Tember wrote:Dina is being cooperative! Someone get behind me before I faint!

Jk :lol: :lol: <3

Smacks Tembo with a rainbow trout!