Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

House IDs

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

House IDs

Post by Sidas »

Currently there are no benefits to keeping your house id once you're initiated. It's actually more beneficial for you to destroy it than for you to keep it. This is kind of silly and I think it'd be nifty to add some benefit to having an ID.

Some ideas:
* Make them count as a support (or even be required) for ascension through the house. This way anyone that plans to be a rogue can't move up. Could also make them required to do anything with a prime so you cannot initiate or knight anyone if you've gotten rid of your ID.

* Make the ID the access maker to house-restricted areas. With this, allow an ID to be dropped upon collapse so that it would be possible to access a house via a member's ID. This would add a big danger to Rulers to Guardians since if they lost their ID the prime would become endangered without the need for inner-turmoil.

* Maybe allow an ID to hold power token strength for house art and forge evokes. This is kind of like the SoT nodes (I think) that would allow you to have mare strength built up in a single talisman.

* Insert something else that makes sense
Tember
Dreamers of Light

Re: House IDs

Post by Tember »

I thought in one version it was required for you to have your house id for ascension through the house?
I like the ideas though
Star Scream
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Star Scream

Post by Star Scream »

I like your idea Eros, combined with Sidas. This is a topic that is right on par with the Kaer GeRRoZ's ideas for more content in the game to make it more interesting for new and old players alike.
If you win the Lotto, throw me a GRAND!
pertinax92
Dreamer

Post by pertinax92 »

I can't remember, does the init or the ruler get the house id? I feel like we used to keep them at KoES to make it easier to demote someone down the road.
~Pertinax~
Onyx
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Onyx Nightblade, Onyx Nightstorm

Post by Onyx »

The Guardian/Ruler doing the initiating gets the ID initially, who could then decide when/if to give it to the member. Used to be a great way to keep people in a "recruit" phase before full membership.
~Onyx Nightblade, Onyx Nightstorm... and maybe someone else?