Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Supports to sphere

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Celelond
Dreamer

Supports to sphere

Post by Celelond »

Hi,

Okay, this only really applies to people playing GMTish times, but others might be having the issue on their minds.

Is there any way we can lower the amount of supports needed to sphere?

And please, do not use Kaer to try say "Look he could do it", he said himself that he was a student at the time and was playing the game at unnatural hours, something he stated he would not be able to do now.

I worked out the amount of sphere teachers most GMT players would run into, playing our normal times, there is no way we could make make any sphere beyond a 4 support, and even this would take staying up late for the 4th one.

Thanks
Gerroz
Dreamer

Re: Supports to sphere

Post by Gerroz »

This applies not only to spheres but the entirety of the game. Involvement in the RPs, leadership of houses, arts, plats, spheres and so on. It has been a problem for more than ten years that european timezone players really have noone to help them, apart of staying up all night.

I too have been wondering if there will be some GM love for the players of Europe this time around, or if there could be some solution to the problem. As far as teaching goes, perhaps letting the ones registered in timezones sneak in lines so they actually have a chance to get tasks before they go to bed? I can hear favoritism being called already but hey, if the few players we have outside of america actually have 1-2 GMs to go to compared to 5-6 for the rest or what not, I wouldnt say that we're in any favorable position.

of course the -real- solution is to bring in lots of european players, but that hasn't worked since the shift of the millenia, so I haven't got my hopes up for that one either.
Last edited by Gerroz on Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Celelond
Dreamer

Post by Celelond »

Well, as for more GMT players, we have 4 more brand new players.

I feel I need to point out that GM Frost has been about allot GMT play time and been a great help with the new people, but even she needs support sphere's to sphere, as far as I know.
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

Well...if they continue the beta track of every teacher can support a sphere then that'd help a bit.

Depends on how it's handled.