Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Whispering

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Neil
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Neil

Whispering

Post by Neil »

So, I was thinking about this the other day. Often times we are whispering to each other and someone will emote, 'Neil whispered something to Frey." It got me thinking... can this be automatically included whenever someone uses the whisper function?
Thus we do not have to emote it, and it goes along more with the idea of 'seeing' someone whisper to another dreamer? I also thought this might be annoying to see all of the x whispered something to y and y whispered something to x, in the dialog box, especially during events. So, in addition, the possibility of having this functionality could be toggled on/off in the settings.

Thoughts?
Umm... Neil
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Re: Whispering

Post by Uthanatos »

It actually is a function of the game, most of the time it's the game doing it, not the players.
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Koi-Owl
Senior GameMaster

Post by Koi-Owl »

There is a % chance that this emote will trigger whenever someone whispers. You don't see your own emote, but others do. This is supposed to encourage people potentially reacting to seeing others whispering to each other.
Owl
Senior Gamemaster
roleplaying@underlight.com

"Uand le hibou chante, La nuit est silence" – Charles de Leusse
Neil
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Neil

Post by Neil »

Ah, I didn't know that! Can we increase the %'s! I always thought it was others emoting it. Now I feel dumb when I have done it myself! LOL
Umm... Neil
Tember
Dreamers of Light

Post by Tember »

LOL
Magnum425
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Magnum425

Post by Magnum425 »

lol sometimes mag with wisper something to the wall behind him or some random object so he doesn't feel left out when the wisper emote triggers :P
Elmer
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Elmer

Post by Elmer »

by Magnum425 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:53 pm

lol sometimes mag with wisper something to the wall behind him or some random object so he doesn't feel left out when the wisper emote triggers :P
!
Whisperer>>elms<<Naturalist
-Greed breeds destruction-
-You'll only ever see what I choose to show you-
-Manners are free-
-The Music of Nature fills the cracks in the mind that words will never reach-