Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Recharge

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Gerroz
Dreamer

Recharge

Post by Gerroz »

Ahoy

As some of you know, in beta the recharge adds 1 extra charge to an item per plat (in addition to the evoke speed increase and less blowups). From what I've seen I think this is actually overpowered. I can max out an item in 6 evokes, which takes less than 30 seconds. Even on lesser plats like 40 and 50, it is going to be extremely fast and effective.

For balance purposes, I think it was fine the way it was in old Lyra, adding 1 charge per evoke. If you're a dedicated seer, you're going to have all items maxed out with the art being only 1 charge regardless. I think it is simply too good now.

And this is coming from the guy who actually benefits the most from the change :O
Star Scream
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Star Scream

Re: Recharge

Post by Star Scream »

I don't know, bro. I benefit pretty good from the change too. This means you keep my 50's maxxed and I don't have to worry about you killing any of them!

However, I am a firm supporter to keep things as close to lyra based as possible. This will eliminate balance issues for us moving forward.
If you win the Lotto, throw me a GRAND!
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

Gerroz wrote:Ahoy

As some of you know, in beta the recharge adds 1 extra charge to an item per plat (in addition to the evoke speed increase and less blowups). From what I've seen I think this is actually overpowered. I can max out an item in 6 evokes, which takes less than 30 seconds. Even on lesser plats like 40 and 50, it is going to be extremely fast and effective.

For balance purposes, I think it was fine the way it was in old Lyra, adding 1 charge per evoke. If you're a dedicated seer, you're going to have all items maxed out with the art being only 1 charge regardless. I think it is simply too good now.

And this is coming from the guy who actually benefits the most from the change :O

I don't think the backfire rate was messed with. I've had quite a few at level 60. The amount you can recharge is also a range based on your level, not a set amount. It seems pretty well balanced to me since Lyra's version had the risk outweighing the reward of recharge most of the time.
pertinax92
Dreamer

Post by pertinax92 »

yeah, i dont think I always get the same amount from each recharge... I'll double check though.
~Pertinax~
Onyx
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Onyx Nightblade, Onyx Nightstorm

Post by Onyx »

It's not a set amount.

1-9 = 1 charge
10-19 = 1-2 charges
20-29 = 1-3 charges
30-39 = 1-4 charges
40-49 = 1-5 charges

etc etc etc
~Onyx Nightblade, Onyx Nightstorm... and maybe someone else?