Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

House Arts

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Onyx
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Onyx Nightblade, Onyx Nightstorm

House Arts

Post by Onyx »

Instead of having to go through the hassle of creating a Quest Codex and then training a new Guardian or Ruler in the Arts that they require for normal house business, would it be possible to make these auto-granted? Could it also be made so that those arts were auto-removed upon demotions?

It seems rather tedious to go the Quest route. At least, that's my take. Is there another way?
~Onyx Nightblade, Onyx Nightstorm... and maybe someone else?
Star Scream
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Star Scream

Re: House Arts

Post by Star Scream »

It is my understanding that this idea has already been applied for when the game goes live or they are at least attempting to set it up last I had heard. Definetly save you some trouble.
If you win the Lotto, throw me a GRAND!
Onyx
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Onyx Nightblade, Onyx Nightstorm

Post by Onyx »

Which would be awesome. It would also benefit those Rulers and Guardians who may not have the ability to train.

I must've missed the memo. :lol:
~Onyx Nightblade, Onyx Nightstorm... and maybe someone else?
Gerroz
Dreamer

Post by Gerroz »

I actually think the house arts are too weak. Either remove the need for power tokens or increase their strength, cause as of how they used to be in Lyra, they kind of sucked in my opinion.

Maybe instead of having to use a power token, you would have to be JPed to at least two members of your house? Power tokens take a lot of space in your pack, which could be filled with more powerful things
Gerroz
Dreamer

Post by Gerroz »

I know, I think that is interesing. Forge was overpowered without any prerequisite so I think that's good. but that just puts more strain on your pack and makes House Arts even weaker in my opinion. Less pack space for power tokens for house arts. Doubt they will be used much. Better with a requirement of a JPed house member or something like that
pertinax92
Dreamer

Post by pertinax92 »

the power token aspect of house arts always seemed like a good way for a ruler to help keep control over the house. In KoES we always had rogue members running around, but by keeping tight control over powertoken give away, we could make sure that only active and proper members had easy access to house arts. it's a RP tool imo.
~Pertinax~
Gerroz
Dreamer

Post by Gerroz »

At any rate I think that the house arts should be looked at. Like you say Eros, some of them blow (like entrancement)

Break covenant is by far the best IMO
poppygirl
Dreamer

Post by poppygirl »

Hey now ease up on the GKers. we don't have much to covet as it is....lol

Always keep smiling. it makes people wonder what your up to :)