Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Chakram Speed + Art Duration

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Lu Chaos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Lu Chaos

Chakram Speed + Art Duration

Post by Lu Chaos »

I would like to suggest a method of turning moderate speed chakrams to fastest or very fast.. Which ever one you prefer.. Maybe even be able to add the bouncy effect to it, you know?

Another suggestion, I would REALLLYYYY like to know the exact duration of my protectives pleasee.

Another cool suggestion would be to speed up meditation for GKs, or for everyone to as fast or slightly faster than regenaration speed.. It would really be logical and very good for GKs or dreamers to be able to meditate our elemens alot more rapid, and seeing as Seers and the other focuses got those nice extras like the +9 elemen stuff, i'm just suggesting faster meditation for GKs.. Would be pretty nice.
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Re: Chakram Speed + Art Duration

Post by Uthanatos »

GKs get meditate to sphere...so it really is a lot faster than other foci.
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Lu Chaos
Dreamer

Post by Lu Chaos »

We get more energy per tick true but its still a bit slow. As a GK it's not ok that every other focus gets some kind off boost and the focus I play is nerfed. An increase in the speed we gain our elements would be great, even if the effect applied to all focusea, either way meditate should be faster for GKs only IMO if its possible.
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Post by Cherokee »

In SoT we had an art called Hasten Chakram that was energy based and cost a certain amount of strength to go up one level of speed on a chakram. I think it would be possible to implement that here, by using energy from chaos wells.
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Post by Uthanatos »

You know GKs still have the GK damage bonus, which was what spurred everyone elses focal bonuses to start with, right?
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Post by Arnaya »

The GK bonus alone when it comes to battle, frankly has an insane effect. The SM Shield is honestly pretty weak and of extremely limited duration... though its stack with normal shields is of minor benefit (Usually removing a point or two of damage per hit), the DS Elem boost has moderate use in general utility as well as combat. The FS Hinder effect is honestly insane and the only Focal effect that overshadows the GK Damage bonus mechanics and balance wise.

I do agree that meditation should probably increase natural regen rates on a passive level (increase regen speed by like 2 or 5% per plateau on it) a very small amount. But, with the regen rating being "slow", in the hands of a 5th sphere gk... your still regaining 7 element points in the time anyone else regains 2 to 4 (Assuming the GK has platted their meditation to sphere). Which is already almost double the regen rate of anyone else. So, that one I'm not too much in support of on a general level.

The Chakram thing would be nice, though I'd like to see us able to modify one or two qualities of any talisman. Either with Power Token, or Chaos Well.... both would work, though I'd rather see it use PT's personally.
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Post by Cherokee »

Eh, I never understood the reason to give the other focus' a bonus, since all the GK bonus did was balance out the fact that they do not have any real offensive arts like all the rest. The focus is pretty much designed to be melee/tank. IMO, it seems the GK focus is the most nerfed. All of their protective are minors for everyone to learn, while the only other protective art from another focus (Vision) is a major for DreamSeers.

Sorry for the thread hijack. :P I think Med is decent as is, but since you have to stand still to use it, it wouldn't be completely unfair to increase the speed slightly with plats.
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.
Lu Chaos
Dreamer

Post by Lu Chaos »

Right, it takes a GK user to actually know the feeling of having to use chakrams all the time, if I would have made Lu Chaos a soulmaster, battles would be alot easier I promise you. The fact that I have to rely on chakrams alone, A GK should have the ability to stand in open battle, and regen his elements at a faster pace, all in all, he still has to stand still, and you can take advantage, or just wait for him to get his elements back. Not only does SMs have the ability to restore dreamers, and give them an extra damage padding via the restore shield. Seers have the ability to use an elemen and give them +9 or more points to there elements via elemen.. Senders have the ability to make you take more damage like.. Seriously, an art where I have to stand still to use... I don't see an issue in GKs possibly being able to get it to be faster either. Just my opinion. To make this game truly balanced, and that's just one suggestion.. I have another suggestion for GKs where we get frontal shields temporarily, because we are the melee/tanks. Luckily that one might not come lol.

On another note, let's get onto the topic about the GK Bonus.. Let's be honest.. The GK bonus isn't really THAT much epic unless you get to 8th or 9th sphere.
In the sense that let's take a lvl 60 chakram.. It shoots 30 for normal dreamers, 3 shots most dreamers are out, now for a GK at 6th sphere, It shoots 36 damage, two shots that's 72. It takes the same amount of shots to collapse a dreamer that it takes a normal dreamer that doesn't have the bonus.. 3 shots. Seriously the GK bonus is decent, but it's not what you're making it out to be. I promise you. A seer with good aim, SM with good aim, FS with good aim, all could take you down at the same amount of time it takes for a GK to take you down via chakram. Just saying! :D
Rasputin
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Rasputin

Post by Rasputin »

You keep throwing around this +9 number for the DS focal bonus. It's +0 to plateau, so +0 to +9 at max sphere. It is unreliable and as a focal bonus doesn't compare with the others IMO. That's not to say that Seers don't have a lot of amazing utility arts or that they need a bigger or more reliable bonus. But if we are solely comparing the focal bonus it isn't particularly strong.

That said, Meditate to orbit seems like it would be amazingly helpful. Maybe not a combat effective art, but very good. I'm jealous that GateKeepers get that.
--Rasputin
FreeSpirit