Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Join Party

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
poppygirl
Dreamer

Join Party

Post by poppygirl »

I would so love to see extra slots added to join party it would be benafical to hunting as well as "wars" that may rage in the future. maybe even have it so you gain a spot with plated art?? just a thought :)
Tember
Dreamer

Re: Join Party

Post by Tember »

Great Idea poppy. :)
Miriel
Dreamer

Post by Miriel »

Any time this suggestion has come up, one big objection has always been that Rulers, Guardians and Teachers get xp from being party leaders. The feeling always was that allowing larger parties and hence more party xp would be too OP. 1 xp per second per person is 3600 per hour. A full party then would give 10 800 (3x3600) per hour.

That sounds like a lot, but is just slightly less than 11 agos, or 5 shams in an hour. It also sounds pretty impressive at low spheres where orbits are 50k (3rd) or even 100k (4th). When you start looking at 500k and up (6th and above) 10k starts to look less and less over-powering.

(As someone whose character spent a fair bit of time in old UL as a teacher, guardian and ruler, I can't remember all that many occasions when Samarina was actually leader of a full party for a full hour. It likely happened, but smaller parties and shorter time spans were a lot more common.)

Nonetheless, my suggestion was not that we just be able to add more members to a single party, but that we be able to "chain" parties. Take a max of 3 parties, each of 4 people, and have the leaders of each party join to another person as leader of the "meta-party." The idea here would be that each leader would get xp only from those members directly joined to him/her, not from the party members further down the chain. It would still allow for groups of up to 13 to share hunting or genning and more importantly to those with mass damage arts, to protect up to 12 from their arts.

I realize that such meta-parties would probably be more complicated to code than simply being able to add more people to one standard party. They do help to address the problem of mass damage arts being potentially more help to your enemies than your allies in large battles.
Star Scream
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Star Scream

Post by Star Scream »

I know that a lot of people think that some of these ideas are easy fixes because they were done in SoT. The deal is however, the coding in this version and that version are two completely differnt animals and the addition to having mares back as well as a track of others things makes some of the stuff that was done in SoT impossible to copy for this version and instead requires a whole new "script" so to speak. In other words, a small change like even this one could potentially break other arts and cause a chain reaction that would/could delay launch of Underlight going live so, dont be disappointed if you dont see ideas get implemented right off, it doesn't mean they arn't considering them they just are focused on a few other things right now. :D

I am temped to say I want to see the JP thing be expanded but as Kailee said earlier, people have raised concerns and I'm not sure if I would regret it later. After things get rolling in the new live version we will see if this still feels like a "need". I don't remember ever wanting this in the live version of the game because I hated sharing XP during wars... I know, SELFISH! However, in Beta it has crossed my mind more but that's because I've been a lot more social then I would be in the regular game.

A lot of these -good- ideas will either rise to the surface as "needed" or fall to the wayside once we start playing for real, you know what I mean?
If you win the Lotto, throw me a GRAND!
Yuritau
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Yuritau, Eilathen

Post by Yuritau »

Another option for JP is to make it benefit teachers and house leaders more. For every JP plat you possess (or every second if you wanna get fussy), the XP given to a teacher/leader when you JP to them is increased by 1. If you have JP at 30, you give the teacher 4 XP per second.

Could make it an alternating improvement with some other benefit too. First plat gives a direct benefit to the bearer of the art, second plat is an XP per second bonus, third is back to a direct benefit, etc.
Gerroz
Dreamer

Post by Gerroz »

Yuritau, that's the best JP idea I've ever heard. I've been thinking of it in lines of % relative to the total XP of the party leader, but that's probably a lot harder to code and make fair. Your suggestion makes it worth to plat the JP art, and gives a very real benefit.

As the xp tick is now, it is not even noticeable for a 7th sphere or higher character. This would make it count
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

Gerroz wrote:Yuritau, that's the best JP idea I've ever heard. I've been thinking of it in lines of % relative to the total XP of the party leader, but that's probably a lot harder to code and make fair. Your suggestion makes it worth to plat the JP art, and gives a very real benefit.

As the xp tick is now, it is not even noticeable for a 7th sphere or higher character. This would make it count
Really I'd say at 6th it becomes OBE atm.
Star Scream
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Star Scream

Post by Star Scream »

Sidas wrote:
Gerroz wrote:Yuritau, that's the best JP idea I've ever heard. I've been thinking of it in lines of % relative to the total XP of the party leader, but that's probably a lot harder to code and make fair. Your suggestion makes it worth to plat the JP art, and gives a very real benefit.

Really I'd say at 6th it becomes OBE atm.
I agree. It's been so long since I was trying to max sixth sphere that I don't really remember how useless being jped was but I do recall it was worthless.
If you win the Lotto, throw me a GRAND!
Krodoc
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Krodoc

Post by Krodoc »

I agree with Eros. The XP gain for teachers is nothing to write home about. Consider people that 6th sphere and higher. They need SO much xp per orbit, that the gain from party is almost negligible, unless you're in game every day for hours at a time and in a full party the whole time. Hell, for people like Thunderman, Kaer, and Ghaz, even hunting Shamblix is a drop in the bucket. They basically have to collapse dreamers to make any real dent in their xp needs besides possible gains from mission boards for house related matters.

The downside to increasing the party size is that SoulMasters can restore more people from sanctuary at a time. And by downside, I mean unbalanced. The upside is that FateSenders can protect more of their allies from their mass arts at any given time.
Fistandantilis
Dreamer

Post by Fistandantilis »

Like everyone has already said, hit squads of FSer and unkillable SM parties are a pretty big down side.
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

Fistandantilis wrote:Like everyone has already said, hit squads of FSer and unkillable SM parties are a pretty big down side.
Even more-so. Consider: 4 60+ DreamSeers + 2 60+ SoulMasters in a party. That would be pretty much obliteration.