Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Cup Summons

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
MacEros
Dreamer

Cup Summons

Post by MacEros »

Right now, Cup Summons is usable in sanctuary and does not require the other person's permission. So it's possible for you to be sitting in the sanctuary and then somebody summon you to to the dreamer's cup without warning and collapse you. People probably won't like that. I would suggest adding in a confirmation dialog box.
Star Scream
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Star Scream

Re: Cup Summons

Post by Star Scream »

SSSHHHHhhhhhh!!!!
If you win the Lotto, throw me a GRAND!
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Post by Cherokee »

I agree with this. Cup Summons can be a nasty art, if someone abuses it and uses it on someone trancing in a sanctuary. As long as it's just a confirmation box, (so you're at least aware) and not a "Yes" or "No" option.
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

Lengthen the evoke and make it be evoked outside of sanctuary. Require a PT to use it as well. :-)
Starfall
Dreamer

Post by Starfall »

It always requires a PT. I think anything less than a pop up box is too easily abused no matter how long the evoke or limited the circumstances.
_-*
I want to have adventures and take enormous risks and be everything they say we are.
-Dorothy Allison
Yuritau
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Yuritau, Eilathen

Post by Yuritau »

Leaving it at least somewhat abusable is beneficial, I think. Because it's a Guardian ONLY art, it's useful as an evaluation tool. If a particular guardian abuses it, it's a good indication that they may not be as trustworthy as you once thought, or as good of an example for your initiates as you had hoped.

That is something I would rather learn than not learn, were I part of a ruling circle.