Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Hotbar

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
CONMAN
Dreamer

Hotbar

Post by CONMAN »

I know this suggestion has been brought up before, but it would take quite a bit of leg-work in order to visually add a hotbar to UL's client (think Diablo style hotbar where you can drag/drop items).

In lieu of that, I felt that with the present coding, that there could be that FEATURE but maybe not the visual aspect of it going on. Hear me out.

There is a SET hotbar key which can be mapped to any key you want, for example we'll use the / key.

When you press /, the following happens:

"Please select an item you'd like to add to your hot bar."

-You select an Abyss Chalk Chakram-

"Please assign a hot bar space (1-9) to your Abyss Chalk Chakram"

-You press 1.

"Your Abyss Chalk Chakram will now be selected when you press 1."

-You press the / key again

"Please select an item you'd like to add to your hot bar."

-You select a Chalk Abyss Elemen-

"Please assign a hot bar space (1-9) to your Chalk Abyss Elemen"

-You press 2.

If you're using your Abyss Chalk Chakram, and it evaporates, your # 1 on your keyboard is now non-functional until you select another talisman, or re-map the key. But this would allow you to press 1 to select your chakram and fire away using your control (use) key. And if you need dreamsoul, press 2, then use it and have the ability to swap back.

This would allow for on the fly talisman changes between chakrams, elemens, and more. Because there is no visual alteration with this type of hot bar system, it may be a more plausible solution. Now, I understand that there are the "Select Next, Select Previous" keys, but that involves much more key mapping. Generally speaking, you'll have to click the items tab, then keep all your talisman close together. Not to mention having to hotkey the 'who' list so you can keep an eye on who comes in the room, etc.

Thoughts?