Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Alt-Tab Change

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Mal Amenz
Dreamer

Alt-Tab Change

Post by Mal Amenz »

*If there is already a work around or fix for this, then I am not aware of it ... which wouldn't really be all that surprising*

Would it be possible to change it to where if we alt-tab out of the game, for whatever reason, that the client doesn't automatically shut down. I vaguely recall the original reason behind it was to prevent some sort of cheating, just a little frustrating trying to alt-tab to check the forums (or various message notification) and the game just shuts down.
Onyx
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Onyx Nightblade, Onyx Nightstorm

Re: Alt-Tab Change

Post by Onyx »

I imagine that one of the Koi will respond to this. There is no work around. I don't think that they're going to make those changes. Alt-Tabbing won't likely be allowed any time soon. It's just not necessary.

Maybe it was done in an attempt to prevent cheating. I'd say that it worked well enough.

I'd say it's also a method of preventing OOC->IC crossover as well even if you'll still get that with text messaging, voice chat, and multiple monitors or computers (tablet, laptop, etc.).

You can always check the forums later. :D
~Onyx Nightblade, Onyx Nightstorm... and maybe someone else?
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

It's an easy client change to allow for minimization. It just depends if they want to do it.
TehFluffeh
Dreamer

Post by TehFluffeh »

This is something that you can work around "at home" as it were. Assuming you have access to a spare copy of windows and a little bit of technical know-how.

I run Underlight in a Windows 7 virtual machine set up specifically for that purpose. From the perspective of the guest OS I never leave the Underlight window, however I am free to continue computing outside of the VM window with Underlight being none the wiser.

I originally did this is a workaround for using Windows 8.1 as my primary desktop operating system but being able to work outside of the Underlight window without it crashing is a pretty good "fringe benefit."