Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Name Changes

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Onyx
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Onyx Nightblade, Onyx Nightstorm

Name Changes

Post by Onyx »

Odd request perhaps.

There have been a lot of names used in Underlight over the years. I'm sure there have been many that the controller named that way just to have a name. Something to test the waters, but they ended up liking it, and ended up regretting sometime down the road (ie. Numbers in names, "leet" spellings, odd capitalizations, etc). Perhaps they had two characters whose names were very similar and just wanted them to be more different than they are (ie. Onyx Nightblade, Onyx Nightstorm). I'm guilty of sometimes wishing I had named my 2nd character differently.

Would it be possible to offer a one time name change at the time of import (and only at this time) to those who may wish that done? One time only to attempt to prevent it from becoming a recurring request. I think it would be interesting to see if people would change their names, and what they change them to.

Would it damage the ability of those characters to continue to be player as they were? If the name change were dramatic, then yes, it might. I am quite certain, however, that the creativity of the player base of Underlight could make it work out.
~Onyx Nightblade, Onyx Nightstorm... and maybe someone else?
CONMAN
Dreamer

Re: Name Changes

Post by CONMAN »

Kailee wrote:I wish I could switch my two characters focus =X
NOPE.
Loathed
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Magnilia

Post by Loathed »

I think it is a fair suggestion especially considering most names can be edited to something more, appropriate, while still remaining familiar.
A man's character is his fate. - Heraclitus
Star Scream
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Star Scream

Post by Star Scream »

Names like Serialkiller33 for example. I bet he wished he chose another name after a couple years.
If you win the Lotto, throw me a GRAND!