Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

>512 Character Limit for Avatar Descriptions.

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Noshkapana
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Nosh

>512 Character Limit for Avatar Descriptions.

Post by Noshkapana »

Per the title, this request is for the consideration of increasing the character limit of Avatar Descriptions.

Assuming the limits is not imposed by a database field limitation, I would suggest the following:

Increase the length of the Avatar Description based on Orbit. The Higher the avatar's Orbit (read: Longer played), the longer the allowed description allowed will be. The reason for this is, the longer an avatar has been in play, the more likely they are to have unique features they picked up from events (scars, clothing, items, etc) which they may wish to display in their descriptions.

I would propose that descriptions be 512 Characters for Sphere 0 & 1, then starting at Sphere 2 the Avatar is allowed an additional 64 Characters to their description per sphere, capping at 1024 characters at sphere 9.
Everyone's a hero in their own way,
In their own, not that heroic, way.
rWilricson
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Will Ricson

Re: >512 Character Limit for Avatar Descriptions.

Post by rWilricson »

I dun care how it's done, just do it!
The Mistress squeezes Will Ricson, a sharp cut smile forms across her face
The Mistress: sssexy and juicey
Synteny: I can't.
Koi-Ajax
Dreamer

Re: >512 Character Limit for Avatar Descriptions.

Post by Koi-Ajax »

Thank you for posting this. I've cataloged it and will take a look to see where the limitations are.