Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Focus Blade Recharging

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Noshkapana
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Nosh

Focus Blade Recharging

Post by Noshkapana »

Not sure if this is practical, but I think it would be nice to have your Focus Blade reset the evaporation timer if recast, instead of just making new blades.

For example,

Code: Select all

You begin evoking SoulReaper
   -Check if Inventory is Full
      -If false
         -Check if SoulReaper exists
            -If false
               -You concentrate for a moment and create a SoulReaper!
               -Spawn SoulReaper into Inventory
            -If true
               -You concentrate for a moment and recharge your SoulReaper!
               -Reset the Evaporation Timer to that of a newly forged blade at your level.
      -If true
         -You can not use SoulReaper when your inventory is full
         -Evoke fails
I for one do not keep my Blade at the bottom of my inventory where it spawns. This means a few times during hunting I need to stop, summon, then move my blade back to where it belongs in my pack. "Recharging" the blade allows for the one blade to remain stationary. Also, since Blade cannot be traded, it eliminates the pack clog when repping or replacing blades.

Just a thought.
Everyone's a hero in their own way,
In their own, not that heroic, way.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Re: Focus Blade Recharging

Post by Arnaya »

I like this idea.
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Anasina
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Anasina

Post by Anasina »

I actually like it too. I think it also makes more IC sense. Teachers often task students to make their blade, describe it, name it and such. Well, if you keep making twenty copies of it, it seems less... special. "My immersion!!" basically. The idea of just recharging it makes more sense. It's also a nice quality of life change that makes the game a lot less clunky feely.
*'~Anasina R. Dupree-Aileron~'*
*'~Blueberry of Mischief~'*
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Post by Cherokee »

The more you plat your blade, the longer it takes to vape. I usually have to toss my blade before it ever vapes on its own.
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.