Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Player Nightmare Feedback and Suggestions

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Koi-Ajax
Dreamer

Player Nightmare Feedback and Suggestions

Post by Koi-Ajax »

Please collate your suggestions for modifying the new Player Nightmares here.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Re: Player Nightmare Feedback and Suggestions

Post by Arnaya »

Bare Minimum required to balance P-mares for combat in the CURRENT Game:

- Reduced Frontal Shielding (Maximum, 70% shielding).
- Remove "Regen" effect as a constant. If you REALLY want them to still have it, have it something that they randomly gain with a 15 to 30 second duration at like a 5% chance per shot fired or something.
- Lower chances of art renewal on shot.

IF the playerbase picks up on a consistent level... these can be tweaked up again. But as it is now, Lol is near as dangerous and equipment intensive to fight as Foulmoth... a 9th sphere Horron Darkmare, and arguably (RP wise) the most powerful combat monster in the maren forces.
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Lu Chaos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Lu Chaos

Post by Lu Chaos »

100k to 200k reward for collapse on daymares.
Return the forge back to where it was, and if you have 79 forge its logical to make them be able to forge 10-30s. That way people can actually survive a fight...
Tember
Dreamers of Light

Post by Tember »

I have a suggestion. Maybe since people are upset about the forged dreamsoul not having as many charges, and the pmares being hard to fight and using up more supply... Why not allow the pmares to drop random higher charged items, kinda like the darkmares drop several items at the end of a fight, the pmares can drop them automaticllay.
Koi-Ajax
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Ajax »

We are just over a month removed from the patch release. Does anyone have updated feedback to give regarding the Player NIghtmares in relation to actual in-game experience?
Leolus
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Restel

Post by Leolus »

I don't have a problem with them currently. Being able to trade an essence for a chakram and being able to drop one with about 1 chakram's worth of charges just makes them something fun for me to fight. I know a lot of people aren't going to agree with that but that's where I am on it.
~Restel
~Bane
Coraal
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Coraal

Post by Coraal »

Honestly, if the equipment issue could be resolved so the combat wasn't so item intensive; there would be nothing wrong with them in my opinion.

I know that's not the popular viewpoint, but the higher order mares are SUPPOSED to be a challenge and take multiple people to drop them. In a game with so many higher powered dreamers, to me, that's the entire point of having powerful NPC opposition. With the right gear, that might not readily attainable but isn't impossible to acquire and teamwork; the mares should prove to be consistent challenge for the player base. Otherwise what is the point of having those high spheres, dreamsoul, and expanded Arts anyway if there is no challenge outside of the major NPC "villains"?

From an in-game perspective the PMares are a pain in the ass when it comes to combat and I am frequently out of useful gear after a single round of battle. But other than that, I have to say that my combat roleplay has been improved dramatically in the enjoyment factor with the adrenaline rush these engagements have created. I can't speak for anyone but myself but the challenge of managing tactical combat with the PMares has greatly improved my overall playing experience.

Might not be what you're asking exactly, but still wanted to say thank you for the boost in my enjoyment level. Definitely breaks the monotony quite nicely.
~¢~
No one saves us but ourselves.
No one can and no one may.
We ourselves must walk the path.
Buddha
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers
Character Name(s): Purple Lace, etal

Post by -Lacie- »

Last edited by -Lacie- on Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Lacie~
Keeper of the Eternal Shadow
Screchethan Kabal
"Cuz Clever got me this far, then Tricky got me in."
Arnaya
Dreamer

Post by Arnaya »

The power level of P-mares is Great.... when there's a bunch of people around. When there arn't, which... lets face it... is MOST of the time. The P-mare controllers either can't go full out on their mare, or they decimate the people opposing them. Lol provided Very adequate proof of what a skilled fighter driving a P-mare and going mostly full out can accomplish by wiping out 2 6th sphere, reasonably skilled fighters, and a 4th sphere reasonably skilled fighter.

Not arguing about the P-mares getting a boost, just that it's a bit too much given the small playerbase that's routinely around (I'm not talking the two hours a day when there's more than 2 to 5 people in the entire game). From what I've seen, the front shielding needs to be dropped a bit (Not a Huge amount, but five to ten percent. I've seen a couple doing the "Back to wall thing" quite a bit, which makes them pretty much untouchable for most fighters... especially given any lag) and the regen effect should probably be a short term effect, like 30-60 seconds duration, that pops up once in a while instead of a constant effect. With the renewing chance per shot, they'd still have regen more often than not... it just wouldn't be a constant thing.

I'd also suggest dropping the overall effects duration to 10 minutes instead of 60 or whatever it is now, to allow the defensive art degradation some chance to work. With the effects auto-renewing with shots fired, its not crippling to the mare, but would give FS in particular a CHANCE at least to get their effects on the mare. Small tweaks, but critical ones to balance out the mares for the routine players we HAVE. Using Abjure on P-mares right now is a serious exercise in frustration, with the auto-renewing arts it also means that the Abjures that DO get through allow a Very small window of opportunity for any allied FS to take advantage of. Poison is also completely useless, even 50-60 plat barely slows down the regen right now (Experience from running mine and testing it).
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Leolus
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Restel

Post by Leolus »

Arnaya wrote: With the effects auto-renewing with shots fired, its not crippling to the mare, but would give FS in particular a CHANCE at least to get their effects on the mare.
Haven't even tried to cast on a mare in forever. Reflect just wrecks me.
~Restel
~Bane
Arnaya
Dreamer

Post by Arnaya »

Try it with Abjure sometime...going through 10 charges on an alteror during a 15 minute fight against someone with reflect isn't exactly uncommon