Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Chat filtering please

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Hammen
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Hammen

Chat filtering please

Post by Hammen »

This would really make the chat system more tolerable. You folks are probably used to it. But I miss whispers and things because I can't filter the chat. Is this at all on any agenda?

It would be nice to have a tabbed system like any other mmo where we can create tabs and filter what we want to see in that tab. Just a thought. This would improve my experience greatly.

If not that, how about the ability to change color of others text? Whispers different from talk from shout from emote, etc.
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Re: Chat filtering please

Post by Cherokee »

We were able to change whisper colors in the previous version of the game, Shades of Truth. It would be really nice to have that again.
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.
Koi-Ajax
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Ajax »

Coloring the whisper text is the more realistic approach given how the client is built. As such that was already on my plan for an upcoming release. Definitely keep any suggestions for how to improve the beginner experience coming please.
Hammen
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Hammen

Post by Hammen »

I have another chat filter idea that would help significantly and because it's related I will add it to this post. The grind with improving arts is necessary but all that text clogs and pushes chat up. I lose track of conversation quickly as a result. Again, filtering this out with chat tabs would be great. However, what if you gave us a checkbox option to hide spellcast, effects, and all non-dialogue text? Again, this would greatly improve my experience.
fr3y
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Frey, Kendo, That one guy

Post by fr3y »

I could not possibly agree more with someone, hammen. My focus is admittedly not the best, but I lose a lot especially in Freys gatherings when I'm trying to evoke and pay attention at the same time.

Agreed on both suggestions. Good stuff.
11:11:28: Purple Lace: Frayed logic
11:11:39: You Say: no
11:11:43: You Say: Freyed logic

I don't compete, I'm the prize.