Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Teleport

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Erasmus
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Erasmus

Teleport

Post by Erasmus »

So, I was thinking of various quality of life improvements and I kept coming back to this.

Travel, while relatively simple, sometimes can take too much time, especially when traveling from Threshold to a house or vice versa. Also my character (and I) tend to get lost a lot.

So, what if we introduced Teleport in the form of a system like Forge. It would pop up a dialogue box and based on various criteria it would give you options on where you could teleport.

For example,

Learnable at X orbit, my thought it 50 because it makes sense that by that time you've been around awhile, you've been most places so exploration isn't devalued, and well, it's kind of the beginning of the higher spheres.

At base level, you can teleport to Library of Dreams.
- Guild House would appear in the drop down menu if you are in a guild.
- Teaching Guild for Teachers
- House Facades for house members.
- Other house facades for Guardians or maybe Rulers only to prevent being able to mount large scale attacks.
- At each plateau you can add an outer plane to the list, Lost Caves, Albino, Ossuary, so on and so forth. Obvious tweaking could be done there.

This would also eliminate the need for arts like Guild House and could consolidate them into one art.

The GM client could have the coordinate section also added.

Thoughts? Ideas? Terrible idea?
Elmer
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Elmer

Re: Teleport

Post by Elmer »

cool idea. 50 seems really high though, and maybe "free" for house members thresh to house/house to thresh port. but i think
i read in a previous thread that this is being roleplayed in game right now, though i haven't been in the middle of it or heard about it yet
in there.
Whisperer>>elms<<Naturalist
-Greed breeds destruction-
-You'll only ever see what I choose to show you-
-Manners are free-
-The Music of Nature fills the cracks in the mind that words will never reach-
Xan
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Xanthicus

Post by Xan »

Regardless of the above (which I like)
There should be a portal down from a house to Thresh.
Dina

Post by Dina »

We ended up getting this in Idoaclese. Long evoke time, but took us to the Nexus in the Citadel. It was awesome. It helped take away the ooc from waking to Thresh.
Koi-Shadow

Post by Koi-Shadow »

You will probably really like what Koi-Ajax has been working on the last few weeks.
Cupid
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Cupid

Post by Cupid »

If we're FINALLY going to get bathrooms, then color me ecstatic!

The role-play possibilities are ENDLESS!
Cupid