Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Weapon Use

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Rasputin
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Rasputin

Weapon Use

Post by Rasputin »

I think it would be cool if we could designate an Active Weapon similar to how we set an active shield. Then with the use of our focus art we could use our currently active weapon.
Has this been considered?
--Rasputin
FreeSpirit
Lu Chaos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Lu Chaos

Re: Weapon Use

Post by Lu Chaos »

I'm not quite understanding this one, could you explain in a little more detail? It sounds like my regular blade art, I cast it and the sword is automatically equipped(Selected), even if I use an art.
Rasputin
Dreamer

Post by Rasputin »

Basically you could bind a key to your focus art and use that key without having the weapon selected in your Item Menu, instead of having to select your weapon in the Item Menu and hit the the "Use" key (defaulted to Ctrl). This would mean that you could have a non-weapon item selected to use with Ctrl or use a weapon while on your art menu. You'd still need to make a new Chakram your active weapon if you wanted to change what you were using at the time, but this would still allow you a bit more versatility in combat and behave a bit more like more current games were you equip weapons instead of using them from your inventory screen.
--Rasputin
FreeSpirit
Koi-Shadow

Post by Koi-Shadow »

If chakrams worked exactly like shields, this could work, but I'm not sure if it would be much better than the current system. Chakrams do not have very many charges and you usually want to stop using them before they evaporate so you would still be having to manage your items in battle.
Rasputin
Dreamer

Post by Rasputin »

I'm pretty sure that changing shields in a combat that would require using a second chakram is pretty common.
--Rasputin
FreeSpirit
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Post by Uthanatos »

I cycle through 4-5 shields even when fighting datoken, just to spread the damage around so they don't vape.
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days